shark fin tabs

• I still say you studs are Pussies;)
    Second gun in the rack is 72'' (182.88cm) from band slot to mech with 3 16mm french rubber bands and I was just a kid.

Cheers, Don

• Ive chest loaded a 130 Ra bare chested. My longest gun is a custom 135cm with reverse trigger..im 5'8 and never had problems loading it. Its all about technique. I usually pull on one side of the band, once i grab the other side i align both sides equally and then load. Much faster than using rest tabs

• Ive chest loaded a 130 Ra bare chested. My longest gun is a custom 135cm with reverse trigger..im 5'8 and never had problems loading it. Its all about technique. I usually pull on one side of the band, once i grab the other side i align both sides equally and then load. Much faster than using rest tabs

My buddy here tells me he doesn't use his Riffe (that his nephew gave him) Islander because it takes too long to load. Wrapping the line etc etc.
    I'm not as experienced at this as many on here, but I've never been in a situation where getting my gun loaded 2 seconds faster made any difference. If I took a shot on a fish and missed, he was gone.....unless it was a mentally challenged hogfish. If I HIT a fish and there are others around to shoot at, the extra 2 seconds is minimal relative to the time it takes to get the fish off, put it on a stringer or throw in in the boat and reload.

Am I missing something?

• was forced to use a spear with a rest tab on it for the first time in over 30 years of spearing about a year ago, that was on my riffe 120 euro. it made life so much easier, now i dont want any spear without a rest tab on that gun. i guess what im trying to say is that im a pussy :)

• yeah, apparently only bad boys with big bad ass guns like yourself are exempt from pussyhood..... only problem is your bad ass koah is still a lil virgin.. hahahaajajahajaa

• :D:D:laughing: straight through the heart :laughing:

yeah, apparently only bad boys with big bad ass guns like yourself are exempt from pussyhood..... only problem is your bad ass koah is still a lil virgin.. hahahaajajahajaa

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• In my pitiful defense it is my busy season here in Antigua and my beautiful new gun has not even had the chance to get wet much less pop her cherry... but April is ah coming and I will be at it hard and then its off on a epic summer trip with Mr Bequia Blues on his sick Lures :)

oooohhhhhhhh haha. :laughing::laughing3:

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Those were the days. No internet just trial and error. Like the old Bob Sieger song says "Working on mysterys with out any clues"
    We have come a long way since then. I remember building my first enclosed track tuna gun circa 1998. Crude but effective. I like my custom made Jordan Hamilton Tuna gun much better. :toast:

I am 47 and 5'9"

I can load a RA 150 without any problem. I need a 3 mm wetsuit or loading pad not to hurt myself after several loads, but could do bare chest.

It's all about technique.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.