custom right and left fins

• This has probably been done but I'd never heard of, or done it.

I took a pair of old footpockets that were kind of hard and were small for Jake. We put them in hot water for a minute or so and he flexed his foot in with a sock on. It was still a little short so I heated it again, he slid his foot in and I stood on his ankle while pulling up on the tendons. Amazing. Perfect fit. And you see the rise in each picket where the bones on his feet are indicating an obvious left and right fin.

Funny because we joke on the boat...."is that the right or left fin"?. But now it's real.I'm really stoked.

I can't believe I never thought of this before. Like a mouthpiece. Shoes are not the same....

Anyone else done this?

• IDK, have they been used?

You could never do this with rubber. Pathos are synthetic rubber, how they will hold the new shape depends on the composition of the synthetic rubber I guess. It's possible there has been variation in the material used.

• Haven't been used on the water. It's just the footpockets. But he's put them on and off many times and they fit perfectly. He did the heat treatment on Saturday night.

Would that work on the Omers? I mean, they fit pretty good but this takes it to a personal level. It fits your foot exactly if it holds.

• I don't think so. But even if.. I think you'll waste more time on the boat figuring out which is left or right to put on the corresponding foot, than any advantage it may be worth.

or maybe label them left and right? :rolleyes1:

Sounds cool hank.

• Laugh it up.....:D

But try it. Look at your feet, They're not the same shape.

On the other hand....don't. I don't want to get blamed if you ruin your foot pockets. I've ruined more than a few things I've owned trying to modify them. :D

• This sounds like the voice of experience. Overheating them would be bad. Pull them out of the water and they start "drooping".....whooaaaa. $$$$$$ :D

No... they already have the left and right FP. It's very easy to see which one it is and yes, it make a big difference in comfort.

• No... they already have the left and right FP. It's very easy to see which one it is and yes, it make a big difference in comfort.

I have those foot pockets for my reef fins and yes the right and left is easy to see and yes it fits better but OMG are they heavy and bulky but I do use them alot so not a deal breaker for me. Hank left and right is great bro :)

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele