Core's new gun build and gear

• I bet you looked like a super hero for her-Aquaman- those suits are pretty comfortable and warm, i have one Ocean mimetic, and it has served me well.

:laughing3:Aquaman.

Well to be honest Monster. The mimmetic Omers have given me a headache, I have own 2 ocean mimmeic and one miimetic med. the one you saw, I used to go every weekend at least one or 2 days per week. They didnt last more than 7 months. This one i just fixed. I used 3 times. and the 3rd time it split open as you can see on previous pictures. i understand that open cell is warm and light and comfortable. But is not durable, It brakes to easy. I guess the kind of spearfishing and boats i'm used to, are a little rough so i'm not used to be much toughtfull when it comes of the wetsuit. I like wetsuits that can handle tough treatment. The Omers cammo dont deliver with my experience. I always search for wetsuits that are tough, I love cammo suits but even a tough black wetsuit can be change to cammo with a little paint;). Overall you will hear lots of people that will tell you how much Omer mimmetic cammo suits are POS. Now Omer wasnt like that all the time. when Omer italy came out with the old version of the mimmetic cammo it used to be made with rubber, so the wetsuit is really strong, That is the one i'm selling in another thread a 5mm one. and most of their wetsuit used to be like scuba wetsuits or surfer wetsuits material. Good old strong neoprene, not that cheap open cell sponge:rolleyes1:. So in puerto rico lots of spearos consider Omer suits :grogan3::thumbdown1:
    I wish omer will start thinking about durability a little more, because i like their cammo patterns:D

• :laughing3:Should i be reading between lines here???. Are you 2 telling me to change my profile name.:laughing3::laughing3: I wish i canchange my profile name to aquaman , and in thebottom Core
    :rolleyes1: PARGO:poke: flex some forum guru muscle, :D i think of Pargo the Merlin of the forum:laughing3:

nevermind i figure it out:laughing3::D

• I live 2 min to the coast and 20 min from great spearfishing spots, and i had beated my ole Omer suit to death, it had served me well, it had been peed, rolled over rocks, overstretched, left on the sun and it´s still great. Sergio Shimomoto (fellow diver and iusa mexican pargo world record holder:rolleyes1:) uses an Apnea suit that accordying to him is warm but is a POS, it had faded away in just three months, my Omer after 3 years is still kicking butt.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I'm about to do my 3rd and 4th round with the wetsuit. :D, Wish me luck. And good news Woody Guy finally received all the speargun parts, So he will start workingpretty soon. And if everything goes according to plan i might be admiring my speargun by Holy Friday. So this Gun will be born in a holy week for evil purposes:devil1:, :D

• Well just came out of the shower. and i tried the wetsuti 3 more times. and everything works fine. just notice a little discomfort near the arm pit, Due to one last fix there and little aquaseal. the aquaseal is rubbing my skin a little and represent a little trouble for the future. I will try to find some licra or thin neoprene material probably to cover that area above the aquaseal, so it wont rub the skin. But all in all is a good comeback for this old suit.

• Well, now I am a gurú?.... What's next?

En fin, Omer has become a POS in EVERY single piece of gear they make after moving all their manufacturing to China. I have seen nothing of their offering that is worth the price they charge for it. NOTHING!

Currently I have a "Green mimetic" wetsuit just because I found it brand new for 100 bucks. But the seams are already coming apart and the thickness is far less than the original 3 mm. It should be a 1.5 mm by now. As a matter of fact, yesterday I was cold in 79 F...

Good freediving wetsuits that can be found in the USA? Spetton, Mares, Picasso, Cressi, Apnea and maybe more that I don't know... Mako's look fine. Roberto Reyes has one and looks nice.

Regarding neoprene glue, Picasso is the best I've tried, but also Cressi and Mares do the job. To repair a wetsuit you have to put a sixpack of beer in your refrigerator and then start... If it is open cell (with exterior nylon lining), which is Core's case, you apply a thin layer on each surface to be glued being careful to keep them apart, drink a beer. Then apply a second layer, drink another beer. When dry to contact, very carefully, press both surfaces together (once touched will be very difficult/almost impossible to separate) and prress with your fingers. Drink another beer. Press again trying to eliminate any air bubbles if any. Drink another beer.
    At this point, you should be happy and youe wetsuit won't come apart. If you want, you can apply a thin layer of aquaseal onthe outher (lined) part of the wetsuit or you can stitch it with "non trespassing" seams. The idea is not opening passing through holes where the water can come in. Drink another beer. Now you have just one beer left. DRINK IT! ;)

Aquaseal is a good holding glue but is harder than neoprene and is not comfortable at the contact with your skin. Eventually it will break just besides where you repaired it.

One last thing: How do you get into that wetsuit? Just water? Try to rub some hair rinse or body lotion over your body and you will notice the difference! Especially over your underarms, behind the knees and every "high movement" area.

Last but not least, open cell neoprene is not fragile. Omer is. A good open cell wetsuit should last you without ANY problem for two years or more using it every single weekend. Just wear it with some lube as body lotion or hair rinse or a mix of 4:1 water-baby shampoo. But I prefer the first two.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I will try the hair conditioner today to see if the discomfort dissapear, the only discomfort is the aquaseal under the arm and a little on the back

That "little" discomfort will drive you crazy when diving. I'll better tear it apart and do it all over again.

Marco Melis

• Damn marco pase como 5 horas cociendo y otras 2 pegando ese maldito suit. Y ya no tengo mas cervesurris ;), pensaba pegar un pedaso de licra o de neopreno por dentro donde la costura y la pega estan para cubrirlo, Que tu crees? El wetsuit no me queda apretado en los hombros, asi que tengo espacio para trabajar si decido pegar el material extra

• Damn marco pase como 5 horas cociendo y otras 2 pegando ese maldito suit. Y ya no tengo mas cervesurris ;), pensaba pegar un pedaso de licra o de neopreno por dentro donde la costura y la pega estan para cubrirlo, Que tu crees? El wetsuit no me queda apretado en los hombros, asi que tengo espacio para trabajar si decido pegar el material extra

In that case, use the thinnest neoprene you can find and use the technique I just described here.

La próxima vez pregunta antes de cagarla, PUÑETA! :laughing3:

Marco Melis