Core's new gun build and gear

• Pargo that is what i meant. It was a typo. Been having a rush day so i'mnot in top of my game. Also i got in contact with josh and he says that he has them in styock. I will put the order in today:thumbsup2:. Cant wait to get that order out of the way so the teak wisperer can start working on this gun.

• Alvin: If we ever go spearfishing together, I PROMISE to let you shot the first fish!

:laughing3: Gracias, Marco

I place the order today. I order a neptonic trigger reef type. and some other miscellaneous stuff:thumbsup2: Josh from neptonics is a really cool guy, we did everything over the phone and he called me back to reasure what he have in stock and what he didnt have. Good customer service, Thanks Pargo for providing me with his contact number:). Also i talk to the teak wisperer (wood guy), It is always fun to talk spearfishing topics with someone that understand the sport:D. i can tell you this project is fun and i'm sure the results wont dissapoint:thumbsup2:

• Ok i will post the new gear i'm getting to be back to the sport. Remember i've been out of the water in almost 5 years. And i sold everyhting . So i'm trying to get almost everything back. In the wetsuit portion i got an old OMER POS Mimmetic Med 3mm That only saw water 2-3 in the last try putting it on it broke where the seams are. I left it on a dry box for the 4 years. so i will be trying to fix it, Look at what i'm dealing with:D. Though the material is still in good condition, i will be threading everything to reinforce it.It will take me all weekend. or more:(

:0:0

Wish me luck while i try my best to fix that little hole:D

• Hey Core, didn't you say you gained weight, maybe when you were trying to put it on... :bouncinboobs:

:angry3: :laughing3:. It was a manufacturer defect.:rolleyes1: I got to beleive what i say:D. I'm just worried it wont last . Hopefully just this summer then i buy a new one.

• Ok i will post the new gear i'm getting to be back to the sport. Remember i've been out of the water in almost 5 years. And i sold everyhting . So i'm trying to get almost everything back. In the wetsuit portion i got an old OMER POS Mimmetic Med 3mm That only saw water 2-3 in the last try putting it on it broke where the seams are. I left it on a dry box for the 4 years. so i will be trying to fix it, Look at what i'm dealing with:D. Though the material is still in good condition, i will be threading everything to reinforce it.It will take me all weekend. or more:(

:0:0

Wish me luck while i try my best to fix that little hole:D

Cono consorte lo hicistes mierda!!!

• OK I'm going to tell you my experience with repairing neoprene material. Just don't be changing the name to Core's ..... and wetsuit repair thread :laughing3:

Neoprene glues that are on the market through dive gear suppliers are crap. They look like contact cement and they don't work. The slightest pull and the seams separate. I use Aquaseal when the suit material is nylon outer, it works really well nylon against nylon, and the nylon is glued on pretty well to the neoprene. The one thing I tried that worked well was crazy glue. It really fuses the edges of the neoprene together. But it turns the neoprene directly around the seam hard. Instead of stitching maybe you can use Aquaseal and two strips of 2" wide neoprene to sandwich the tear from the inside and outside. That's provided no part of your suit is open cell.

I heard somewhere that Europe has stronger neoprene cement but due to some chemical regulations they don't allow it in the US. Could be BS. Otherwise how do they make wetsuits here, I believe there are various manufacturers in the US, some large scale and some custom.

Repairing neoprene seems like such a simple thing to do, I should've gotten around to learning how to do it properly. I'll bet it's all in the glue. In many wetsuits the seam holds without the stitiching. The stitching may just be for the nylon joints to look neat. The stitching doesn't go all the way through the neoprene. I'll bet it weakens it more than anything. How do you think the open cell wetsuits hold together. They have no nylon and no stitching.

• Well I'm done with the wetsuit.I will be trying the suit on tonight. I will post some pictures of the results Good or bad:D. Hope it dont brake.:laughing3:. If it hold i dont have to buy another wetsut for a while. I just threaded all the seams in the waist and chest area. And apply aquseal in the inside where the thread is visible to hold both top and bottom part of the top piece. I dont care about the thread in the inside because the pants reach pass the belly, so the thread will rest in top of the pants, so no skin rubbing:). pictures after the test:laughing3:

• Well i took 2 rounds getting in the wetsuit. First i was very carefull, I got in in slow motion. No problem what so ever. then i try combat speed. You know, how we usually get in. And it hold just fine. The thread holdand the aquaseal, hold just fine. So for now I got a wetsuit that hopefully will last for couple of months. if i loose some weight i will get in easy and faster.:thumbsup2::thumbsup2: Tomorrow i will get in the shower again for rounds 3 and 4.;).

:0. I do look Fat as hell. Tomorrow to the gym and the sauna. :laughing3:. I will loose at least 15-20 pounds by the summer:D

• Thanks. Pargo

We tried using a sawing machine. but is impossible because the open cell is very sticky and wont even move. So everything was done by hand. it took me at least 5 hours of work. Most of it i did last night. Almost straight:0. So this morningi glue it up and let it rest the whole day. At least 10 hrs. then to the tub. :D
    I'm like you Pargo i might buy something good. and then do what ever it takes to keep it alive. After 4 years in a dry box. and been instorage for those 4 years i tought it will brake easy. For my surprise it held like new. Hopefully the next few tries i will do in the tub will go as smooth;). Then for sure i will say it might last over a year.:thumbsup2:

• That wetsuit looks fine, and good job. Try to foil it and put it on with your arms first, then your head, then unwrap it over your torso. Try boxing as a fit program and cut pasta, sugar and bread. Your girl is beautiful by the way.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• That wetsuit looks fine, and good job. Try to foil it and put it on with your arms first, then your head, then unwrap it over your torso. Try boxing as a fit program and cut pasta, sugar and bread. Your girl is beautiful by the way.

Thanks Moster. I follow that process exactly. Tomorrow i wil give 3rd and 4th round. To see if the wetsuit been wet for a day will weak the thread. I beleive it will be fine. My little angel was laughing when she saw me in the suit. It was the first time she see me in one. :laughing3:. Can you imagine the flash backs after more than 4 years out of the waters:rolleyes1:. Cant wait to spend a day in the water.:thumbsup2: