Penetrator Fins

• First time I have even heard of them.

I will say that I have some experience with other blades that have 25 degrees of angle in them and I don't care for them. I prefer 20 degrees of angle. I also don't care for the bend that I see in the pictures when flexed. But that's more of a personal preference thing based on kick style. Everything I see from the photos indicates that these blades are great for pure freediving, but lack the proper design aspects for spearfishing, especially when it comes to fighting larger fish. They look like they would be best suited for diving deep reefs while hunting smaller fish.

I'm sure Dan will chime in soon on the water channeling rails.

AUD$290= US$266

• they have been around for years, most users are in oz ,i have never heard a bad thing about these blades i personally like blades withe a steeper angle ,but we all like what we like

• I ordered my first set of Penetrator fins last Friday, when they turn up I will post some pictures and write a review of them after a few dives.

I have to say Larry (the owner) has been very easy to deal with. He emails promptly and answered my questions honestly.

If the products are similar to his service I am confident they will impress.

• Definitely very popular over here in Australia, i haven't personally used them as i have a pair of Speardiver fins but from what i hear the owner is very experienced in working carbon. :)

• Came today. Though I am working I had to open and have a quick look.:D
    I selected the clear blades in medium with the Mares foot pockets.
    At a quick glance they look great and are what I wanted.
    The real test will come on the weekend with a couple of dives planned.

http://i168.photobucket.com/al…st247/016_zpsc4a418cb.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/al…st247/018_zpsc3b77802.jpg

Look forward to your review Teaspoon. I myself was interested in the clear composites with Mares FP!

• A friend, Hau, used to use Omer ice blades. I assume a different material, but same invisible effect under water

Hau's broke all the time, I hope that is not an issue you will face, but man it is odd and cool to see someone wearing invisible fins!!

i like to spear fish

• Yeah, just ordered the clear composites with mares pockets. I'll post up some reviews once I get a few dives in em:D

• A friend, Hau, used to use Omer ice blades. I assume a different material, but same invisible effect under water

Hau's broke all the time, I hope that is not an issue you will face, but man it is odd and cool to see someone wearing invisible fins!!

the ice blade were plastic ,and crap

these blades are very high quality fiberglass , the clear the blade = almost no bubbles in the layup , to get them that clear they have to be using the infusion method . bubbles make the layup turn milky /opaque white

phil

http://i168.photobucket.com/al…st247/016_zpsc4a418cb.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/al…st247/018_zpsc3b77802.jpg

:@

Do not need... but I gotta get a pair of those. :laughing3:

• Had a 5 hour dive with them today. Swam to a point 1.5km in one direction with lots of diving for lobsters and fish along the way.

Firstly the pockets. The Mares pockets are a little firmer than my last three sets (different pockets). Initially I did not like them as much in the shallow water but my opinion soon changed when I started diving deeper.

The blades. The steeper angle made surface swimming feel a little more mechanical than the softer blades at have a flatter angle. Then came the 12m - 18m drop offs. I was pleasantly surprised at the little effort required getting to depth. Though I did not dive deeper my bottom time increased by 7 - 10 seconds. Now this may not sound like much but I assure you, it really is.

Returning to the surface with slow gently kicks had me accelerating rapidly giving me more confidence than any other fin I have owner. (This is not saying other fins would not also do this for me, I have only owned 5 pairs of free diving fins!)

These are more rigid than my carbon fins. These are not as nice to dive very shallow while searching for lobsters. I need to work on my technique for surface swimming as it felt as little fatiguing though the speed was still very good. These fins are fantastic at diving and that is important to me.

So far I am very happy with Penetrator Fins. I love the clear though I am sure I will scratch the hell out of them and they wont looks as pretty for long.