Louvar

• Interesting fish with a crest similar to a Dorado.

It is a big ellipsoidal fish, growing to two metres in length. It is pink in color and possesses a characteristic bulging forehead.

It is found in surface waters of temperate and tropical oceans throughout the world. It feeds on jellyfish, ctenophores and other soft-bodied planktonic animals.

• I remember seeing my first sunfish when i was about 8, we were out with my old man trolling for dolphin in

our old bayliner. At first it looked like a shark cut in half from the boat. Those outings with my old man were

not always fun, half the time me my brother and him were constantly arguing and fighting it was more

stressful than relaxing.

• yes , sometimes there were fists flying, and anything that was close by could be used as a weapon.
    Me and my brother of course would look after each other. I can say we weren't brought up on the time out, or go sit in the corner style upbringing.

• Reading your post reminded me of this one time I went with Pantoja and we saw a guy with a treble hook from one of those lures deeply embedded in his leg. He was at the gas station and there were emergency officials on the scene. They were trying to cut the lure off with dull pliers. I posted a picture of it, which I took when the guy wasn't looking :D I can't find it now.

• I might have to admit. I never heard of this fish or even seen one until now. And it says in Tropical Waters. Could of been the pacific side?. Might taste good though:rolleyes1:. Is like the Orcas in the Caribbean. Lots of people dont belive they exists. But they do. they think they only live in cold waters.
    The ocean always throwing something new towards us:). I wonder what will i learn next. I find that fish very interesting.

• http://www.giovannisfishmarket.com/pages/Fillet-Fish.aspx

Louvar top
    Available: VERY RARE
    Local Season: Oct-Dec
    Fresh Season: Oct-Dec

A fish shrouded in much mystery, Louvar is a Locals ONLY Secret! Rarely available, as a by-catch from the swordfish boats, Louvar has been called everything form the "Cadillac of Fish" to Point blank the "Best Fish in the Ocean". Louvar is a white fleshed fish with huge white flaky pieces that are firm, sweet, and succulent. We are lucky to receive 2-3 of these fish per year, as most of them are kept like gold by the fishermen. If you ever see louvar, don't pass up your chance to try this rare delicacy. "If you like Halibut, You'll Love Louvar"

SOLD OUT

$ 0.00 per LBS

• Did you see the pic of the flesh? Beautiful white.

I've never seen one, but now I know. I also wonder about why only swordfishermen catch these. Deep waters?