50 Destinations With the Clearest, Bluest Waters in the World

• Knip Beach (playa Kenepa) from my home island on #3! Miss that place.

• I've been to seven of the places. I can't believe they listed Torch Lake, Michigan. We used to go there when I was a little kid. It was really clear but it sucked. We didn't have wetsuits or even know about them being from corn country down south in Ohio. And it was COLD !!

Boracay, Redang, Malaysia…??….ok but they have their bad days too. They should have listed Glovers Reef instead of Ambergris Caye in Belize. Makes you wonder about the real research that went into that list. Lots of Mediterranean spots. I though the vis there was mediocre at best? But I could be wrong.

• Hank I am so glad you said that, I didn't want to be a kill joy... been to a few of those spots and they are not by any means what the title says that they are. I knew it probably was bull as they do the same things with best beaches and it's usually all about getting some paid advertisers some advertising... but the spots are awesome non the less

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Never been to one of those places however I know from friends that places in Mexico (Holbox and Akumal) really look like that most of the time :D

I'm eager to visit a place with clear waters. The green murky water we get here is good for fishing but not for taking pretty pictures.

• I've been to 4, 10, 11, 29, 38 and very near12, 16, 23, and 33. Agree on some of the selections and wondered how these were selected. But the 5 locations I've been to (not all diving) really did have beautiful water - but not always.

Very subjective but did bring back great memories too.