Some extra handles for sale

• It appears that I may have a bit of a handle problem. I don't intend to sell these on a regular basis, but over the last year or so I have built more different handles than I could ever use, so it's time to thin the herd a bit. No doubt that these aren't as pretty as a carved wooden handle, but the Shapelock so far seems to be nearly indestructable.

EDIT - Meant to say $65 shipped in U.S. (including Puerto Rico).

I have two of this style that I made to be mortised into a 1/2" wide slot, for a pushrod application. Just drill from the side and pin it in place. The frame is black delrin, with a stainless trigger and 5/32" diameter stainless pushrod. It also has a stainless set screw from the front that works as an adjustable stop so that you can set the trigger position exactly where it is the most comfortable. Do this BEFORE you cut the pushrod to length, so as not to add any unexpected tension to the trigger mech while adjusting the trigger position. One has the black shapelock applied already. I can do the other with either black or white shapelock. The shapelock plastic is easily re-molded to fit your hand by heating in 150°-160° water for a few minutes.

I also have two of these aluminum frame style. I recently made one of these for a friend who really liked the Neptonics frame, but wanted a smaller and more angled grip. These are cut from 3/16" thick aluminum plate and are welded from the back of the mounting flange and then sanded flat. The top plate dimensions and screw holes match the pattern for the Alexander handle. The trigger guard is about the same length as the Alexander, but rounded and just a little deeper at its widest point. One already has the Shapelock applied, and I can do the other one with either black or white.

Edited 2 times, last by Guest ().

• Real nice handles there Tin Man. They look familiar;). I was wondering on the aluminum frames. Is there something i can use to cover the metal to avoid corrosion ? Maybe some thick rubberish paint or something? The delrim ones look nice too. But how do you attach those handles to the bottom of the gun? Or you make a hole to put them on and get them from above?

• The Delrin handles in the top pics don't attach to the bottom. You route a pocket (from the bottom), and insert them, and pin them, similar to a trigger mechanism. It's a little easier than a trigger mech, because the front and back are rounded. The holes for the pins are drilled once the handle is in place, eliminating the difficulty of trying to match pre-drilled holes.

I haven't read about people painting the Neptonics aluminum frames, though I guess you could. Or maybe just cover the shapelock with tape and spray paint a clear coating of polyurethane over the aluminum.

• You can leave it like that I have one aluminum handle mounted on my TIKI and I spray it withKrylon clear and I dont like the way it looks after few dives, a year later it start to fall of, so i sand it down and polish the aluminum again.

Pucho

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• Those handles look nice. I want one;):laughing3:

Done. The handles I have listed are serial numbers 002 and 003, so to speak. Core gets the original for his new gun, since it was his idea for a smaller handled version of the Neptonics frame.

Edited once, last by Guest ().

• You are a compulsive shopper! It reminds me my (beloved) wife... :rolleyes1:

:laughing1: You see Marco is a freebie, So i'm going el cheapo here:sarcastic_hand2::D, but with awesome quality, remember is a custom gun from head to toe:D Tin Man can build something to your specs fast, he just like a challenge. Tin Man is the man:thumbsup2: I cant wait to start seeing pictures of the gun and the handles on our thread. Hey tim man i still thinking with what material i can cover the aluminum part. So the top of the handle can be all black. Probably the material Pargo used to paint the weights.

• I think the thickness of the herculiner might create problems at the trigger slot, and screw holes? Anodizing would probably be best, but I don't have a contact where I could get that done on just a single part.

• If you dont know that you work on metals, This soldier is clueless:(. I still need to work something out about the silver areas. I might have to pull out the sharpie:0:nono:. I know you will help me figure it out.

• As I don't know much about metals, what would it cost to powder coat? Does anyone have or know where?

• Yep, powder coating would be possible as well. I've got a request out to my secret network of tinkerers and alchemists to see if I could do a handful of handles and get them black anodized at a reasonable price.

• Jeff,
    I did the youtube thing and found some interesting things. Anyhow, this is an inexpensive solution that supposedly is one of the better guns for the price. $900.00 for the set-up(powder coat). You get an old oven and put the pieces in for 15 min. at 400 degrees. Cool and done. They also sell the powders. For someone that works alot with metals, it's a $$$ maker if you can dial it in.

I also came across some other cool things. 1) How to prep the metals 2) there are now lower temp. powder coats made specifically for plastics and woods

Edited once, last by Toledo ().

• Thanks Dan. And no white spots! :D

I was just wondering if the sugar trick would work as well with soft shapelock as it does with epoxy to produce a "grippy" texture? Might have to try that tonight.

• Looks very nice Jeff.

it sure do Pargo. Mine is just like that one,but with a twist on the color of the handle. I'm trying to see how can i cover the aluminum area with something black, That will not be to thick. probably you can come up with an idea. I know you are an inventor yourself. My handle will be white red and black color mixed and it will resemble a piece of marble but with those colors if it comes right. I think i will come out good and looking wonderfull. That is the reason why i want to get rid of the gray aluminum color. to bring the other colors to life:D

• Thanks Dan. And no white spots! :D

I was just wondering if the sugar trick would work as well with soft shapelock as it does with epoxy to produce a "grippy" texture? Might have to try that tonight.

Hey Jeff , were you harrased by the tough crowd before:D.......:innocent2::innocent1:

• I'm weak when it comes to covering metal surfaces with a durable finish. Anodizing sounds like the way to go but it too late now no? There was a thread on SB where someone wanted to color an aluminum pole spear and some good paints were suggested.

• Well tin man made the handle but he has not put the shapelock on it yet, i guess:confused1:. So i guess we might have a chance. But he mention he does not know anyone local that can do the job:(. in that case i will have to research pretty good to come up with something to cover it.