Spearguns Names

• I know is weird but i know some people that like to put names in Guns, Either their own names, Nicknames Or some cool name. I know in the Army when you are doing the Hooah Stuff:D. Boys like to name the Rifle. Is a way to make sure you keep it clean and be proud of the results when you shoot it for the kill. And also you will never call your Rifle a gun, cause in the Army they will scream at you for such stupidity:laughing3: So i was thinking on giving my new speargun that Wood Guy is making for me a cool name. And i will find a way to stamp it in the wood and make it look cool. So i want know what names are out there or what names you think are cool for a gun:D. My lovely Rifle is called Big Bertha:D, and she have keep me in expert shooter status in a long time. Now i got a new one called Black Mamba. So it will be alright if i name my wood speargun of destruction when i get it.:thumbsup2: Let me see at what names you guys think is suitable for spearguns:thumbsup2:

• OK it's been a while since that discussion with Marco so I can't remember. In cuba pargo is a mutton snapper, so what is pargo to you?

Possible name for the gun: sama stalker or something along those lines, maybe in Spanish.

• In PR, Pargo is the generic name for all snapper family members. Yellotail snapper( Pargo Colirrubia), Dog Snapper(Pargo Perro), Cubera Snapper(Pargo Cubera), etc. etc. For us every Pargo is eatable, so what out Pargo, Cause Marco can shoot you:laughing3:

• Nothing against them, but for myself, I like names that suggest more than just a killing machine.

I thought about "Cetus" (Poseidon's avenging sea monster), but decided I like things that suggest the creativity and vision of the gun build, like "Mind's Eye" or the different feeling when everything falls into place, like "Alter Ego".

Or maybe "Vision Quest".

Edited once, last by Guest ().

• Nothing against them, but for myself, I like names that suggest more than just a killing machine.

I thought about "Cetus" (Poseidon's avenging sea monster), but decided I like things that suggest the creativity and vision of the gun build, like "Mind's Eye" or the different feeling when everything falls into place, like "Alter Ego".

I was thinking calling my "WOODY" ;), Can you tell why? In more than one way:laughing3: And also draw a little cowboy toy like in the Toy Story movie next to it. Well is made out of Wood, was made by Wood Guy, And it goes with the little cartoon. :laughing3: So i guess is different and it matches. What you think

• In PR, Pargo is the generic name for all snapper family members. Yellotail snapper( Pargo Colirrubia), Dog Snapper(Pargo Perro), Cubera Snapper(Pargo Cubera), etc. etc. For us every Pargo is eatable, so what out Pargo, Cause Marco can shoot you:laughing3:

Pargo in Venezuela has two meanings; one is "snapper" (generic). the other meaning is tha same as "pato" in PR, so my gun will stay away from "Pargo" :nono::laughing3:

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Pargo in Venezuela has two meanings; one is "snapper" (generic). the other meaning is tha same as "pato" in PR, so my gun will stay away from "Pargo" :nono::laughing3:

:laughing1: Now where Dan got his name, Pargo De corrida:rolleyes1::laughing2: Go figures, or who knows:laughing3:
    I'm about to get kicked out of the forum for this one:thumbsup2:

• pargo, my user name is a couple of years old,. When I came to the US I had only heard pargo in Cuba so I wanted to keep that feeling. About "de corrida" I'll let you guess. Do you get corridas de pargo in PR?

Or maybe "Vision Quest".

Vision Quest. What a great flick. Musta seen that movie 30 times.

• pargo, my user name is a couple of years old,. When I came to the US I had only heard pargo in Cuba so I wanted to keep that feeling. About "de corrida" I'll let you guess. Do you get corridas de pargo in PR?

Well Pargo las corridas de Pargo me Imajino que sera el tiempo de aparearse de las samas en Puerto Rico. pero sabras que estan protejidas, Ahora muchos pescadores las matan comoquiera. La Sama se dan por montones en Puerto rico especialmente en el Sur y bien Grandes y goldas. Los pargos Colorados, O perros tambien estan Por Montones.

• I know now why when Marco post the Samas, You guys ask why they are so fat and Big. :D, We are used to see them like that, I love samas in ceviche. Or stuffed with shrimp. Big Pargos you can clean without opening the stomach. just remove the gills and make a little puncture in his ass and pull through the mouth or gill area. And the little rest is easy to clean. Then stuff the poor thing with shrimps, onions,Green peppers, salt & pepper, garlic and lots of butter. and at the end block the gill area with a bake potato and put it in the oven or grill;) Is GOD's food IMO:thumbsup2::thumbsup2: This is a Dog Snapper Victim around the 14#, You see is not open at the stomach, i should post a recipe rright, dont it looks Yummmy:D

• Vision Quest, that name rings a bell, a blast from the past, i used to be in close relationship with a community of Huicholes indians in Guanatos an all of them had a Vision Quest ... Great stuff, one of my brothers (Juan Carrillo ) Got a nasty scar from the Jaguar god when achiving enlightment ... It is centered in nature worship and animal wisdom to say the least- It reminds me the Hemmingway´s quotation of the forum ... Great stuff

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver