New spearboarder in Cocoa/Pt Canaveral

• Hello all. A respectable request of me introducing myself here first. I have just discovered this forum after having joined "the other one" a couple of weeks ago. My reason for joining a forum was to meet/meet up with others in this very addictive endeavor, and gain knowledge from everyone. I actually joined a few days ago and have been reading...and reading...and, hahaha. Great info and I have read some very interesting views that I haven't read....anywhere else. I like this forum!! And again, admire the request for my introduction and the reason for it. Unfortunately, I'm up in Cocoa Beach...so I'll be traveling down south. My experience so far...4 trips to the Keys snorkeling, the last with a Hawaiian sling (limited time, family with me), a couple of snapper in 10-15'. Lots and Lots of YouTube spearfishing vids!!! Did I say "lots"!!! One shore dive out of Vero a few weeks ago (that was cool, but a learning experience), ended up leaving sling on the beach, and just diving 10-15', just taking it in. Might be meeting an accomplished spearo in Deerfield this Saturday off yaks, if wind lays down a bit....his call. Did I say lots of videos, hahaha. I'm mesmerized watching u guys and seeing your pics. I hope to get some long fins and a suit by this fall, get as comfortable under the water as possible for me, worry about a gun later. Hope to meet and dive with some of you one day. If I have left anything out I should be including here, school me. Much respect for everyone here and your knowledge and suggestions!!
    I am here to learn and experience.
    Peace.

Edited once, last by creole5 ().

• My friend treebilly talked me into free diving and spearfishing and im addicted to say the least going on my second year of freediving and love it. Welcome

• welcome. I used to live up in satellite beach and remember very few days the water wasn't brown unfortunately. That said a little drive down to Sebastion and vero and you can more often find some viz and shoot some nice sheepshead snapper and even cobia right off the beach.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Thanks guys. Yes sir Treebilly, indeed I do. I went to bed around 11 last night, I'm up at 4am on the back porch meeting new friends here hahaha. It's going to be quite a ride....a new underwater world to discover, excitable sleepless nights, going broke, buying gear, divorce...hahaha, na, she's great. Fatty, I look forward to my next 2 years!! And Deisen, looks like u might sleep about as much as I do...or u work early, like I do.... thanks for the encouragement.....a cobia!! Now I have to explain to my wife why I have an erection at 4:30am :@ , wow, that's my dream...my first cobia or mahi. Your thoughts, comments, ass chewings, etc, are welcome...thanks for the knowledge and entertainment (reading your posts) that I will gain from everyone.

• Wow, just noticed my first post title....how did I do that (new spearboarder...), apologies. Tried to edit but ? I've recently learned a lot about the difference in the d8fferent forums and I must say, thanks for letting me become a member. Dan, appreciate you putting this place together and approving me.
    Peace

• SDeisen, u mentioned Sebastion to Vero...any particular months better, imagine summer time with a high pressure sitting on top for a spell would do it....light SW winds?? I'm guessing Cobia coming in close early spring?? Any comments appreciated....u seem a pretty accomplished hunter!!
    Almost went off yaks in Deerfield yesterday but see there's been line of rain along the coast there.

• Thank you. Yes a broken french dialect of south Louisiana and Haiti (2 places that I know of). Yes sir I'm creole. My father speaks it fluently but unfortunately never taught us. Distant family from Louisiana (ville platte) we moved to Houston just b4 I was born tho. Moved to Florida 15 years ago (thank goodness!!)

• Cool, it's a big part of Caribbean culture, st Maarten, St Barths, Martinique, Dominica, Guadalupe, St Lucia, small bits in Trinidad still.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Interesting and yes seems I have heard this also. Would love to travel there. Ah, I see that's where u live...nice. Will have to look thru your gallery to see fish species there...I believe that's a Yt u have there in your profile pic ?

• Yes a little yellow fin tuna. You should learn a bit of creole from your old man.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Copy that, missed the window tho as he lives back in Ville Platte and I visit here and there. Growing up was around my grandmother a lot and she spoke only creole...I was pretty young but remember understanding words/phrases...long forgotten now. I have fond memories of cousins and cookouts, zydeco music, roasting a hog on the firepit, crawfish boils.

• Welcome.
    Everyone in my house speaks Belizean Creole....but me. I try but it's pretty lame :D. My 5 year old son switches back and forth. He can sound midwest American...or when he talks to his Honduran mother he switches to creole. Doesn't speak Spanish though.

• Belize wow. Very cool your son being versatile. I'm assuming u are the American,, I will take interest in your gallery too....Belize sounds very nice, think ive read an article about (h/l) fishing there.

• Welcome Creole.

Hank: what's Belize creole sounds like? Like Caribbean creole? Some french mixed with other languages? Or mostly English? I thought that Belize was an English speaking country.

What about your wife? I've read from you that she can speak some "tarzan" English :D. But does she speaks creole as well? Spanish of course, right?

Sorry to derrail your introduction Creole. ;)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Welcome Creole! My roots lie in Louisiana also! Family is from Lafayette. I listen to Zydeco music during our crawfish boils every year. I love FL but I sure miss the food from home...