Phantom spearguns

• The link you posted, it's for an Undersee Phantom gun. It's a very simple gun, with no rail and a very small barrel diameter. From what I've heard, Undersee railguns have been quite unreliable.

The Speardiver Phantom is on par (in terms of quality) with some of the best railguns in the market! There is no comparison. If these are your 2 options, go for the Speardiver. No contest.

At $199, the price for the Undersee is quite steep too (for what it is)! If you're on a budget, you'd be better off with a simple euro like a Cressi Comanche (around 150$ or lesser). The comanche is well built, super accurate, but comes with a flimsy shaft.

Just my 2 cents.

• Thanks Nish....i figured the same, as i trust Dans views (been reading his posts for a while now) and his products. Speardiver Phantom it is.

• It looks as if one was designed by a diver (Speardiver Phantom) and the other by a clueless Chinaman looking to line his pockets with your silky-luscious-tasty-hard-earned-delicious USD (Phantom Pro)... choose wisely young grasshopper.

• Do yourself a favor and don't be cheap when it comes to gear. You'll end up spending double. Better to spend $250 one time, rather than $150+$250 or something along those lines. And get some basic plastic fins, you do not need primo right now. Everyone starts with plastic. Get a mask that fits your face, a nice rubber weight belt, and a good gun. When the water starts getting colder then you should invest in an open cell wetsuit. Most importantly, dive as often as you can if you are serious about getting good. At least once a week. And read a lot to help understand the theory about the basic skills so you can implement them into your repertoire.

Chase

Relax & Go Spearfishing

• Had a Cressi (not sure of Model) show up at my shop on Friday. Looked pretty good to me. Had a 6mm shaft that was tweaked. I got it a little better but was still off some. We replaced the rubbers on the gun was main deal. I got to tune his flopper too. Diver had no clue about tuning them, he does now.

6mm OD shafts are real flimsy.

• Hahaha, grasshoppa not too young anymore...but he is wise enough to heed the advice of experienced shooters here on this forum!! Thanks for chiming in guys.
    Chase...thank you, good stuff. Man do i ever read...so much sometimes in fact, it gets overwhelming. On the weight belt (rubber:thumbsup2:), what kind of weights u suggest, pinch-thread ons-etc ?
    I have heard good reviews on Cressi's...going to support local and go with Speardivers Phantom.
    Thanks again fellas.

• If you get a good rubber belt, it doesn't matter what kind of weighs you end up using. They're not gonna move. I personally like 2 pound lead weights. Mine are home made and should be 20 years old. :)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• 10-4 Marco. Your son is the man hahaha, ive seen some of your (his) pics and read the thread "can a 90cm take a wahoo"...or was it a 75cm??....either way, wow!!