Hello, from Montana!

• Hello everyone!

I just dived into spearfishing last summer when my friend showed up with a cheapo pole spear from the local sporting goods store. From then, we were hooked!

I wish I could be as lucky as most on here, and live near the coast. I snorkeled off the Keys in April (pre spearing addiction) and loved every moment of it!
    I am, however, lucky enough to live in the most beautiful part of the state of Montana, the NW section, and am SURROUNDED by lakes and rivers of every size.

The spearing up here is EXTREMELY restricted; to just a handful of lakes and for only one species, the Northern Pike. For this, I just purchased a 5ft JBL aluminum polespear, thanks to all the invaluable advice I gathered from browsing these forums in the last few months.

I hope to meet a few of you eventually, and I hope this summer my Pike adventures can be as interesting as the blue water stories of most of you!

'till the ice melts!
    Josh

• Welcome. I lived in Montana for 7 years and backpacked and fly fished most Wildetness areas including two 100 mile plus hikes down the Bob Marshall Wilderness. But never attempted to dive or spearfish those beautiful lakes and streams. Look forward to stories & photos. You live in a beautiful corner of the state. Welcome!