BI Fish Collector

• Can't open the link Makoa,

But I've read and heard that most stores that sell exotic aquarium fish, require that the fish are bred in hatcheries to prevent what you're seeing from happening.
    It was rampant in the Philippines. Guys were collecting them on "Huka" or air brake compressors sending air down to divers who had no computers or any idea about decompression sickness. Many died and there are many lame ones limping around the villages.
    I heard that about one in twenty fish captured actually make it to someone's home aquarium. It really should be stopped.

Edited once, last by hank ().

• I'm not savvy on posting links. Don't know why it won't come up.

HUI KOA KAI O HAMAKUA
    MAHALO KE AKUA
    E MALAMA I KE KAI

• http://http://westhawaiitoday.…ntenced-underwater-attack

Interesting. Exotic fish collectors on scuba raping the reefs of exotic fish species. These guys are not welcome at our spots!!

They're all over the place,I witnessed them destroying coral heads in Tonga and Fiji (already in the early 80s), to get that all priced fish.They also harvest live rock /soft and hard coral for export. The survival rate is also very low during warehouse keeping before and during transport. The local fishery departments aren't trained well enough to conquer the raping of their coral reefs and habitats. They never should allow any imports of such and make it a law to only allow captivity breed for sale to protect for future generations. It makes me sad seeing how mother earth is dealt with. :sad2:

• Kona use to be the gold coast with all the yellow tangs. I remember diving at Kealakekua and there always was a ton of fish now even though its a protected bay there are hardly any fish. The aquarium collectors are bleaching the coral to stun the fish and net them and destroying the reefs. Its really sad. :(

• Kona use to be the gold coast with all the yellow tangs. I remember diving at Kealakekua and there always was a ton of fish now even though its a protected bay there are hardly any fish. The aquarium collectors are bleaching the coral to stun the fish and net them and destroying the reefs. Its really sad. :(

Fishermen from other islands started coming over here and bleach fishing our reefs, I will shoot anyone I see doing this.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele