• First some background. Most of my spearing will be Hawaii, Florida and Wyoming. I am not looking to get in to Bluewater yet but eventually with experience and will get a specific gun for that. I will mostly be hunting reef. I am looking at rail guns for now. I have an idea for what I want for a woody. By the way I am between 6'1 and 6'2 depending on which convenience store I am leaving and between 220 and 230.

First question is there much difference between a 110 and a 120, which would be better?
    Second if you were to choose two gun lengths to cover most conditions what would they be?

• I would go for a 55" or 140 cm gun in Hawaii. The fish are spooky and pretty educated. It takes a bit of practice and diving skill to get close.
    Never dived Florida or Wyoming. :)

• For what it is worth I have speared in Hawaii (where I live Now) Wyoming (I used to live in Colorado) and Florida (where I have visited). What lake do you dive most in Wyoming? The only one I go into that had enough vis to use a 110-120 was Alcova (which has good vis for freshwater!!!) In Florida I dove the GUlf close in a little which had relatively low vis and a 90 was plenty, and a little on the atlantic which as these boys said a longer gun was more appropriate. In Hawaii I have a Gatku polespear, a 110 and a 130. I pretty much leave the 110 home anymore and use either the polespear or the 130 or both (leaving one attached to the float and working with the other as I move through different areas). I guess the most versatile would be a 110 just to cover multiple conditions depending on vis. But a 120 + a pole spear would be a good way to go as well. Conditions also dependant on depth you dive and wether you want to fish in areas exposed to heavy swell (where a lot of fish action is here).