New PB fish

• Got out with Rolo on Sunday. Just started a new job so I am now restricted to weekend diving only. Diving during the weekend can be tough as everyone with as little as a bathtub and a trolling motor takes to the water. The one good thing about the crowd is that it forced us to break out of our routine and try a few spots we don't normally hit when we have the ocean to ourselves. This time it paid off in the way of a new PB for me in a species I have not had much opportunity to pursue....pics to follow

PS Thanks again Rolo for coming out with me and making the trip a possibility......good diving partners and great friends are hard to find.

• I was thinking mid 30's on the weight.....filleted it before I could check....all of these jack related fish keep better when you fillet, skin and remove all traces of a bloodline and darker red meat along the skin side asap. I ate some sashimi and it was fantastic. Viz was a little better than average but that meant hazy on top and 20-30ft on or close to the bottom. We were diving artificial structure in 60-70ft of water.

• awesome fish man....delicious eating right there.

what was the fight like? what kind of rig? reel or float? i want to experience the battle as though i was there :)

i like to spear fish

• Awesome fish, can't wait to read your story.

Can you let me know if the meat has a lemony aftertaste to it?

Davie Peguero