• Could somebody give me the jist of the dialogue between Monster and the dude cuddling something in his avatar ?

BTW, I love the camraderie here as opposed to various other venues. And I thank that's something we can pride ourselves on.

A beer to you brother, the best of the crop, a Pacífico from Mazatlán ..:toast: All that dialogue is shameful, too much damn testosterone ... But I can´t help to kick some butt when I see the chance. Sorry I will never post there ..

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• "The one in the middle." :laughing3: :toast:

Yeah it's full of haters. I love the fact that punk kid provided a link to the forum, it helps with search engine ratings. Of course linking to an SB thread does the same thing for SB, but I don't think SB needs any help at this point.

• that thread highlights why this forum rules so much...I find myself regretting each and everytime i post anything over there more than a basic "nice fish" comment. no matter what I think i know that good men can differ, in fact Aaron and I have disagreed many times on some social issues and I still consider Aaron a great guy who adds a great deal to any conversation we have ever had, plus he likes dogs and scotch so we're cool;)

point is, this place is a haven and it is a nice refuge from the crap that come with too many jerks with opinions.
    thanks gang

i like to spear fish

• Agree. I have had some really harsh arguments in the past with both Dan and Aaron, I consider both of them my brothers, I would do anything for them far beyond Cyber friendship. I had learned fron their points of view and if I still differ, I respect them and I can see their points. Same thing with BG Bill from spearboard, that is one beligerant Mofo, but I enjoy and appreciatte his posts a great deal. He is a prick, but an honest one and besides his opinions actually make sense as opposed to mine as they are. Same thing with Christoff, i consider him a bigot and a racist, but at least he is intelligent and he has a point too.

• Yeah do you remember how at first you gave me a hard time on SB? Just going with the flow I suppose.. Then the turning point was when Rolo and I had that poetry exchange and you joined in.

I agree bgbill is interesting to have around and he gave me the hardest time of anyone on SB. I remember having intense urges to meet him face to face. Then later after things settled I came across some of his earlier posts. Looked to me like he was actually an easy going guy who changed in reaction to the goings on of SB. SB has that effect on many people, it's inevitable.

Christof is a whole other fish. He's easy to deal with on a personal level, I've had communications with him privately. But his posts reek of frustration and hate. He'd be welcome here being a freediver too but none of his usual crap would be acceptable. I'm not sure he'd enjoy being a minority though considering how many Spanish speakers we have here.

• I'm not sure he'd enjoy being a minority though considering how many Spanish speakers we have here.

He'd be alright... he'd bitch about it but he'd be OK . And he'd learn to use Google Translator to make sure you guys aren't talking shit about him. Hell, it's taken me almost a year to figure out that 'jajaja' is pronounced the same as 'hahaha'. :)

All in all, the vibe and spirit here is completely different from SB . Nobody's spoiling for a fight or trying for one upmanship on the smart ass comments . And I've done my share, even with guys here ...but anymore ( hell, for awhile) it's gotten worse . Guys will intereject into a thread with nothing to add but a smart ass line. As opposed to here where even if their is disagreement, nothing is ever said that could be in the slightest sense disrespectful . It is literally said as though the person were sitting directly across from the other .

Again, says something of the collective character.

• Oh, and LB ... I hope we can still be pals but I've had to sit the scotch (and bourbon,and tequila,and gin,and vodka,and cognac ) aside. A man's gotta know when he's beat ... and I could see my hobby becoming a habit. So, I've allowed the decanters to go empty for now.

Now when the weather becomes cold and after a rewarding day in the fields or on the water .... I fore see them filling back up. At least the scotch and bourbon ,anyway.

• Actually the jajaja sound has no counterpart in the English language. It is somewhat like hahaha but the h is sharper, it's pronounced with the roof of the mouth, like you're trying to hock a loogie. I suppose it would be difficult for an English speaker to make. But think of Julio Iglesias versus Hulio Iglesias.

• I dove with Christof off his boat in St. Lucie. He's a nice guy, I think he just has a problem with people that don't fulfill their potential or leech of others.

Davie Peguero

• Sorry, I'm on my honeymoon, so my offerings are few and far between.

I wasn't taking sides in the SB arguement. Frankly, the only reason that I give a rat's ass is that Josh is a close, personal friend of mine, and I don't like to see the guy have to deal with people monkeying up the designs that I've watched him work so hard on. i understand that it's a tried and true design, but Josh has gone out of his way to make it better, and I think he's done just that.

But I feel the same way that you guys do about the SB drama, which is one thing that I really like about this site, is that you guys seem to have a much eaiser time letting things roll off your backs and keep to the "point at hand", if you will. And this site also lacks the people that Aaron referred to, the guys that like to interject with the one liners about how someone is stupid or whatever.

Again, Dan, thank you for the site and everything that you do. Muy amable!

• Yeah do you remember how at first you gave me a hard time on SB? Just going with the flow I suppose.. Then the turning point was when Rolo and I had that poetry exchange and you joined in.

Yup, and I treasure that moment, a classic. It´s to bad that that thread was deleted though :confused1:

• David, congrats on getting hitched.

Thank you all. It's been almost exactly a year since the forum started. And we're up to 100 members who have all posted at least something and quite a few of which are active or checking out the site from time to time. I feel fortunate to have this place. From time to time I worry if the atmosphere can be maintained indefinitely. I kinda' believe that to stay good it has to stay small.

• if the people of quality remain, they will set the standard for the other members.. the others will not want to be around as we will not tolerate them.

Aaron, we are still down buddy:) good to know you have things in perspective. I think we've all taken that break just to make sure we are in control and healthy. I know I have.

I really agree about the comment about how post are made as if face to face. I make a pointed effort to do this in all online communications and it is so pleasant when others do as well.

I agree about christof in PM's he is a different guy, i would trust him as my dive buddy in spite of hating the beer we'd share afterwards. I think he and i disagree about every possible issue. it is a riot.

thanks dan

i like to spear fish

• if the people of quality remain, they will set the standard for the other members.. the others will not want to be around as we will not tolerate them.

Aaron, we are still down buddy:) good to know you have things in perspective. I think we've all taken that break just to make sure we are in control and healthy. I know I have.

Thanks,LB... glad my temporary sobriety didn't earn me scorn. :toast:

Agree with the first para graph. Fact is, if somebody displaying the fore mentioned attitudes showed up here with the same attitude, it would be a serious disruption in the force . Hell, I can't even bring myself to get involved in political arguments here. And as far as memory serves, their has only been one political post; it was incredibly civil.

Regardless, it's your house ,Dan.... I figure you'll show anyone the door who shows up for the sole purpose of shitting in your flower pots.:)

• I agree with all you guys. and although I'll tolarate anyone who wants to post here and I won't bash anyone I have to admit that I don't like cristoff. I won't even have a problem going out with him on the same boat , shake hands if need be and be polite.......but hell I won't share a beer. I just don't like the guy.

• I agree with all you guys. and although I'll tolarate anyone who wants to post here and I won't bash anyone I have to admit that I don't like cristoff. I won't even have a problem going out with him on the same boat , shake hands if need be and be polite.......but hell I won't share a beer. I just don't like the guy.

RACISTA! :laughing3:

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.