Lobsteritis...

• Called in sick and went lobstering:D

Left out of Matheson, north to Government Cut.
    Viz was HORRIBLE.
    Boat traffic was crazy.
    But it was worth it.....

• Nice Frank. Slim pickings in Ft. Lauderdale, 7 for 2 guys, I dont think they moved in yet. We would only pick up one here and there as opposed to the usual 4 or 5 under one rock.

Sergio you need to go to that area by tenneco where we caught like 20 lobster under one rock.

Davie Peguero

• We got lucky on one drop, found a coral head and a tire next to each other. Pulled out 11, lost 2. Didn't see much for fish. Small hogs and small muttons.
    Although I did see 2 nice 20"+:0 Nassau Groupers..:nono:

• Anybody know how the vis out of Haulover South is? Planning a quick dip this afternoon...

Please let me know...

Gerald

• I went today again and the same thing , not alot of bugs out there. we were 5 on the boat , so it was me and alan on the water to get everyone's . we got 18 only.

• How does that work , Tono ? Is it akin to a club or more commercial ?

It`s more in the commercial side. Here in Mèxico, all is overcomplicated in order to benefit a minority, hence the need to perform illegal action to "equalize things". That`s why this otherwise beautiful country is a nest for organized crime.:(

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• It`s more in the commercial side. Here in Mèxico, all is overcomplicated in order to benefit a minority, hence the need to perform illegal action to "equalize things". That`s why this otherwise beautiful country is a nest for organized crime.:(

Sorry to hear that... hey check a new thread I am starting in the general section.I'd ask here but I don't wanna derail.

• it sucks to hear that mostro. the same in cuba , but the only organized crime there is the government, that's it.
    a friend asked me today ...he wanted to know what happened if he went to the keys to get lobster and stayed there the two mini season days, then returned with the catch of two days, then he got pulled over and searched, the cops see he has double the limit.........................??????????????

• interesting question...it seems like he'd have to mail them back or something..having them on theboat would be very difficult to prove he didn't catch them illegaly

i like to spear fish

• I think that there are some provisions over here for some of the larger charter boats that routinely make overnight trips way offshore. If I'm not mistaken, they are allowed to keep a two day limit, but they have to meet certain criteria to prove that they are capable of making an overnight stay. Restrooms, a certain number of bunks, cooking facilities, etc.

That's dredging the deepest corners of my memory, though, so don't take it as gospel. It might be one of those "back in the day" things that doesn't fly anymore.

• it sucks to hear that mostro. the same in cuba , but the only organized crime there is the government, that's it.
    a friend asked me today ...he wanted to know what happened if he went to the keys to get lobster and stayed there the two mini season days, then returned with the catch of two days, then he got pulled over and searched, the cops see he has double the limit.........................??????????????

:nono:, that sucks.

Sergio, what´s the personal limit species for the general public in Cuba?

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver