GUNS,GUNS,GUNS!!!!

• Post up what you have, and what your likes/dislikes about it are.....

I'll start..

55" Wong Hybrid- Underwater laser. 3 5/8 bands give you more than enough power.
    dislikes- $$$$$ yes its custom made,but the thought of losing it keeps me up at nite.

RA 110- Great all around gun. Does it all.
    dislikes-no butt for loading

Aimrite 110- (This used to be a 120 that was too long for me to load so I cut it down:D)Pretty much the same as my RA. I have them both set up the same.(reel,open muzzle)Prefer this to my RA because of the butt for loading.
    dislikes-The safety,easy to remove so no biggie. The trigger is not curved.I didn't notice this till one day I wasn't using gloves. Now it really bothers me:rolleyes1:

Riffe Comp 0- Got this one dirt cheap so I really can't complain, oh wait...that crappy handle that doesn't fit anybody's hand:laughing3:

• I use to have a Wong 55" My self, and it´s a nice gun, but it is overpowered with 3 5/8´s IMO. You need at least 3 pounds of ballast for each extra band. It shoots great with 2 5/8´s though, but then it is too expensive for that, since a railgun kills with authority with the same amount of power.

I have had a bunch of different spearguns, ranging anywhere from Champion arbaletes to Pelaj spearguns, and IMO. The ones i liked the best are Riffe spearguns. The standard series guns are hard to be improved upon, and the comps, are some serious work horses, I still believe those all are a bit overpriced though, since with the same amount of cash or for a few bucks more you can get your self a custom gun.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• Yeah the 3 bands are a bit much, I took off one band as well. I'm eyeballing the Riffe Euro 110. And then I'll probably thin out my collection.

Edited once, last by Mariner ().

• Yeah the 3 bands are a bit much, I took off one band as well. I eyeballing the Riffe Euro 110. And then I'll probably thin out my collection.

I had that gun too, The Euro I mean, and it´s a decent gun, my only complaint is the stock shaft is way too thin, I like best 9/32. I trade it cause the handle was too small for me, it gave me cramps on the pinky after a while. Must people love them though. It is a real accurate gun, and it´s really nice. As Dan pointed out, is just a Comp gun turned to the side, with a different handle. You can´t go wrong with it, but maybe you ´ll want to check the sea sniper Reef pro guns, they look really appealing. There are some custom builders around that could make you a great speargun for that money too. No comparison between custom and commercial.

• Homemade gun I made out of a bedpost.
    Also known as "sweet dreams" since most fish are stoned.

63" shaft, 2 5/8's, poseidonsub mechanism, maorisub reel, Aimrite Handle (Free)

Likes- Really really accurate

Dislikes- Gun is delaminating due to the wood glue holding it together, now zip ties hold it together:thumbsup2:.

Mares Phantom Carbon 115 cm

Likes - looks cool

dislikes- everything else, bows like a bitch when loaded

Cant figure the gun out, accuracy is horrible with 2 5/8, and single 3/4 band is too slow for 7mm shaft.

Will try a 6.5mm shaft or 2 9/16s and see what's up.

Davie Peguero

• If a gun does exactly what I want it to do then my backup gun will be the exact same gun. I don't believe in having different guns for the same conditions. %99 of the time I'm hunting the same conditions. My main gun has some flexibility as far as being able to use it in low viz (needs to track faster) and in tight conditions such as in a wreck (compactness), as well as for larger fish in open water that are further away (reach) or closer but require good penetration (power).

This is the gun I choose http://spearfishing.world/spea…ially-enclosed-track.html

Stock - %100 teak 5 vertical laminates and one horizontal laminate on top.
    Stock length - 152cm.
    Stock width - 3.3cm
    Stock height at enclosed track - 4.4cm
    Stock height at open track - 4.1cm
    Finish - 3 coats of penetrating epoxy.
    Band stretch - From furthest band hole to tab 117cm.
    Bands - 2 x 16mm.
    Shaft - 165cm, 7mm, single flopper bottom position, one pin and a dog house.
    Trigger mech - Neptonics Reef with automatic resetting line release.
    Handle - One piece Ipe fastened to the stock using a mortise tenon joint and epoxy. Contoured palm swell on the right side. Covered with Herculiner for grip.

Some of the points that are important to me.
    1. The handle is designed by me and is perfect for my grip. The back part of the handle allows me to track up effortlessly. The reach to the trigger by the index finger is ideal, just past the first joint.
    2. Enclosed track about half way. At first I regretted that the gun came out like that, but since I've seen the top portion of an enclosed track running the length of my other gun chip off near the front.
    3. Automatic resetting line release. This saves so much time.
    4. Hip loader for ease of loading.
    5. Length, the gun is at max length that I can reach the bands and load without stretching them first.
    6. Open muzzle for quickness of loading and ability to use tabbed shafts.
    7. Muzzle accepts a shark spike.
    8. Tab is as close to the mech as possible thus increasing band stretch. All commercial shafts put the first tab too far away from the mech losing about 2" of band stretch.

There's no substitute for a gun that you make to exactly your specs. Past that a speargun is just a glorified slingshot :)

• Have you seen Harold´s collection? That man´s probably the one guy who has them all. I think he´s leaning these days towards sea sniper though. It would be interesting to know what´s his personal favorite Euro. Maybe he would chime in.

• I have,

-RA 110 aluminum, my true starter gun, good for anything from a grunt to a big grouper (not that I've shot many:D), I'm putting a reel on it so it will be only for shallow diving going forward. I love this gun!
    rigged with 2 5/8s and 7mm shaft, one wrap and reel.

-rabi apex 120 carbon with their new handle. just started shooting this gun, it will be mostly for 60' plus diving with a floatline. I'm very pleased with it so far, very smooth and quiet shooting, no recoil, light and manueverable. 2 5/8s, 7mm shaft, one wrap

-RA 100 barrel with picasso century handle and trigger, with UK LED light attached to front, this is my low vis, cave gun. rigged with 1 3/4 band, 7.5mm shaft, one wrap

China V.I.P