Tores divers supply and Shai Tores "Torres shafts" are lying thieves

• Torres is a name some of you may have seen on shafts. Torres is a metal fabrication company located in Israel that manufactures a variety of spearfishing gear, but are usually recognized for their "Torres shafts" or "Torres spears". This is their small and hard to find website http://torres-diver.dsites.co.il/HTMLs/home.aspx The owner and manager of the Israel factory is Gabi Tores. Tores divers supply, which is the Torres distributor in the US, is owned and run by his son Shai Tores. They sell spears and other spearfishing stuff to a few local dive shops like Austins and a few on the gulf coast.

Torres and specifically Shai Tores are lying scammers to be avoided doing business with. On 10/29/2008 (almost one year ago) I along with another person made a bank transfer to Tores divers supply for the amount of $750 each as down payment for an order of shafts, so as to meet the minimum order quantity as specified by Shai Tores. The delivery date of 3 months has long come and gone. Shai Tores left the US and returned to Israel and wouldn't answer our phone calls and emails. At one point I called the factory in Israel directly and managed to get him on the phone as he didn't know who was calling. I was then fed a BS story and a promise for a new delivery date. This new delivery date has also come and gone. I then called again and spoke with Shai's father Gabi Tores, the owner of the factory, and was given the exact same runaround which date expired a week ago.

Safe to say I will not be seeing the $750 nor the shafts. Since being scammed by Shai Tores who initially was asking for full payment before putting through the non existent shaft order, I found out about other people, dive shop owners to whom he has done similar things. All I can do is pass along this info in an attempt to put a dent in his shitty little business. Here's a copy of the bank transfer receipt. If anyone would like to get in touch with Shai Tores and let him know that his business practices are public knowledge here is his information:

Shai Tores
    813-545-6469
    shaitores@gmail.com

Shai Tores may also be operating under the name TNT Spearfishing.

Here's a link to the SB thread on the same with more accounts from other people of Torres' shenanigans http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=91786

• Dan...not that I can guarantee anything, but PM me all the info you have on this guy's setup in Israel...I might have some people in the commerce dept who could get on him...depends on the region, but I have lots of family :)

i like to spear fish

• i am very upset to hear this and sorry for the bullshit you are going through.

i re-itterate what monster said...this should be on SB...possibly redacted. just give me the go-ahead

i like to spear fish

• I would like this on SB. For search engine purposes the thread title should be the same. I don't have much info on them other than whats on the website. I added Shai Torres' tel. # in the US and email to the first post. Here's their address, looks like they're in Rishon LeZion.

42 Ben Zvi St. Alba House, Rishon LeZion 75633, Israel

I've been able to get through to the factory consistently dialing 011-3-951-1340 Nobody there speaks English BTW.

• i don't know the exact status of your relationship w that board nor do I want to prematurely announce your line of gear....should I refer to you as a startup company, by name, what do you prefer?

i like to spear fish

• My relationship with SB is not good but this subject is neutral and should be of interest to many people. It's not absolutely necessary to identify me as a company, just as a friend who got scammed. If you're going to do it please keep the thread title the same then in the post write: I'm posting this for a friend who doesn't have access to SB. Then follow with a copy and paste of my first post. Also important to attach the image of the receipt.

• Shaister LOL I should've known eh? But Shai is actually a fairly common Israeli name. Anyways thanks for the support guys. That thread on SB will probably draw out some haters and what not. I ask any of you who choose to post in that thread to ignore any remarks that are not directly pertinent to the issue so as not to turn it into something ridiculous.

• good admonishion(sp? is it even a word?) Dan.... I hate to let a jerk get away with anything, but it is not to anyone's advantage to dilute the thread with bickering.....even if I'm right

i like to spear fish

• Well I could see that there's already one smart ass remark and that's what prompted me to say so. But it's always the same people doing it and I have the satisfaction of knowing that when that tool tried to join this forum I didn't approve his registration.

• this story sucks, I wonder where that Gabi Torres comes from...doesn't sound like a legit hebrew to me.

China V.I.P