Enclosed track speargun

• spearos--so far I have been in the water for for 13 days spearin with the new Mako ET.
    This Mako ET is a beast
    IMO it can easily handle 3 bands, easy.
    After over 100 shots, the Mako ET still looks and works like new
    IMO a Mako ET 130 or 140 with 3 bands is a very good choice of weapon for blue water, at a cheap price. :attack2: :fishswim:

• Hau, have you seen the new ETP Omer is coming out with in 2011? I think is a more streamlined/hydrodynamic design that the one from Mako but since Mako's rail is some type of polymer it should be quiter than Omer's new design. I don't know yet but I am guessing Omer's will cost more too. I just thought it was interesting and figured I share it with the rest of the gang.

• 23 pages - amazing that this subject is generating that much discussion. Now that I've been converted to the world of Rob Allen (not counting my fixation with polespears), I can honestly say that there's no need for a beefed up enclosed track euro. If you actually get to the point where you need enough band power to necessitate an enclosed track you will end up with way too much recoil for a lightweight pipe gun. It's quite simple. A single band RA 120 will take out almost anything in the hands of a capable shooter. When I go to the tropics and need to make long shots at big fish in super clear water, the euros stay on the boat and the 4-band enclosed track gun comes out. With that setup, I don't have to worry about pushing the limits of my gun's capability.

Edit: I don't want to take anything away from the achievements of Tin Man and Griswold. Some amazing engineering has gone into the Mako guns and I'm sure they are a well executed production.

Edited once, last by Kolt45 ().

• 23 pages - amazing that this subject is generating that much discussion. Now that I've been converted to the world of Rob Allen (not counting my fixation with polespears), I can honestly say that there's no need for a beefed up enclosed track euro. If you actually get to the point where you need enough band power to necessitate an enclosed track you will end up with way too much recoil for a lightweight pipe gun. It's quite simple. A single band RA 120 will take out almost anything in the hands of a capable shooter. When I go to the tropics and need to make long shots at big fish in super clear water, the euros stay on the boat and the 4-band enclosed track gun comes out. With that setup, I don't have to worry about pushing the limits of my gun's capability.

Edit: I don't want to take anything away from the achievements of Tin Man and Griswold. Some amazing engineering has gone into the Mako guns and I'm sure they are a well executed production.

I completely agree with what you said.

• Kolt45--More power was NEVER a reason to design the ETPG.
    Adrian--thank you sir :toast:
    I am in possession of a Omer ETR 95cm and have been in the water with it for 26hours.
    My ETR is no longer a "stock" Omer ETR, as I have "hau modified" it :)
    1. First thing I did was to remove all the mono shooting line, swivles, clips, etc and connect the reel line directly to the spear through the last fin hole in the spear. I have all my guns set up exactly this same way for MANY reasons.
    2. Yesterday I removed the stock Omer bands (with metal wishbones) and replaced both bands with 5/8 Pursuit high performance bands and dynema wishbones and loops. This modification was a huge improvement as the ETR shoots WAY quieter, has crazy spear speed and the enclosed track top is no longer being rubbed away by the "stock" Omer metal wishbones.
    3. I removed the Omer ETR loading pad. This was a no brainer for me as I have been shooting euro guns without loading pads for years (RA Vecta). The Omer ETR grip/handle with its reverse trigger is now my favorite of all my other euro guns.:thumbsup2:
    4. I attached my standard 14in of mono with clip to the Omer ETR grip. I use this loop to hang my guns in the water off my yak, as a fish stringer till I can swim back to the yak to unload fish, to attach my float line to, and to run my arm through incase I need to use both hands while in the water.
    My Omer ETR 95cm weighed 3lb 9oz with Omer 50 reel and 6.75mm spear BEFORE my modifications.

Thank you to everyone that has an interest in ETPG
    ETPGs in different variations are now being produced and marketed by Mako and Omer so far. :toast:

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 6 times, last by hau ().

• As far as I know, there are no more ETRs available until the next production run. My gun is one of the very few first prototype/production ETRs in the US.
    The Omer ETR will retail for aprox $550. with reel, spear and line
    I cannot "loan" my ETR to you, but if you wanted to shoot it, I am available almost any morning from 8am to 1pm.
    Hope this helps

You have a PM

• As far as I know, there are no more ETRs available until the next production run. My gun is one of the very few first prototype/production ETRs in the US.
    The Omer ETR will retail for aprox $550. with reel, spear and line
    I cannot "loan" my ETR to you, but if you wanted to shoot it, I am available almost any morning from 8am to 1pm.
    Hope this helps

You have a PM

Thank you for all the info Hau. I would take your test run offer in a heart beat but I am 3k miles away but I'll keep it in mind for when I go back to FL.