Enclosed track speargun

• I agree with Adrian in the fact that who cares who innovated the barrel.
    I think only Tin Man would in fact know who approached him first with the idea.
    Merit and credit should be given where it is deserved.

• my brother spearos---sorry I missed the drama yesterday and last night, I was sleeping then went to work 7p-7a.
    1.I am humbled that some of the greatest contributers to spearfishing like griswold and Tin Man are concerned about HOW I FEEL about the ETPG release :)
    2. My dream for years was to have an ETPG. Without griswold and Tin Man the ETPG would still be just a dream. Because of griswold, Tin Man and now Dano, many other spearos can enjoy the ETPG.
    3. Those that know me know that I am NOT a selfish person and know how elated I was when Tin Man offered to build my ETPG. All of our concept and design was public knowledge in the hopes of producing a better pipe gun. I NEVER intended to make any money from the ETPG idea.
    4. Innocent comments by my friends and family were intended in a positive manor because those people know how passionate I am about the ETPG. (thank you KeysLady and LunkerBuster)
    5. I have spent 348hours IN THE WATER this year with the ETPG and the concept is as amazing as I had ever hoped.
    I will be standing in line for one of the first griswold/Tin Man/Mako ETPG :D
    Thank you Tin Man
    Thank you griswold
    Thank you Dano

• . . . I think only Tin Man would in fact know who approached him first with the idea.
    Merit and credit should be given where it is deserved.

It's a classis case of different people independently coming up with similar ideas. Griswold and I started working on it in earnest a couple of years ago. Since then (through this forum), I have learned that Hau has dreamed of such a thing for a very long time.

One thing that I have learned in all my tinkerings is that "good ideas" are almost never as "new" as we think they are. A lot of smart divers came before us (Potts, Prodonovich, etc..), and they probably tried and tested things that we never knew existed.

I would like to publicly thank Hau. Both for his time in testing the carbon fiber enclosed gun, and for doing his best to keep these discussions out of the mud. Thanks Hau.

• it's a classis case of different people independently coming up with similar ideas. Griswold and i started working on it in earnest a couple of years ago. Since then (through this forum), i have learned that hau has dreamed of such a thing for a very long time.

One thing that i have learned in all my tinkerings is that "good ideas" are almost never as "new" as we think they are. A lot of smart divers came before us (potts, prodonovich, etc..), and they probably tried and tested things that we never knew existed.

I would like to publicly thank hau. Both for his time in testing the carbon fiber enclosed gun, and for doing his best to keep these discussions out of the mud. Thanks hau.

here here!

• Tin Man--thank you for this wonderful contribution to spearfishing Jeff

spearos--several more advantage of the ETPG
    1. If you accidently bend your spear you immediatly know it when you try to load a bent spear in an ET:)
    2. If you are a scuba spearo, the ETPG is VERY freeshaft friendly.
    3. If you are a scuba spearo you can either add a spare spear to the side of your ETPG or wet the inside of the barrel to keep the ETPG from floating
    4. Reloading the spear into the gun is super easy AND you can forget open/closed muzzle concerns.
    5. A spearo MIGHT opt to shoot a shorter ETPG by adding another band
    6. The sight picture is MUCH less cluttered compared to bands piled on top of a wide/ flat barrel top
    These are just a few ideas

• I am just so pleased that this is happening..it is a great idea and the way they have executed it is super clean AND...it begs for a second accessory rail on the bottom as we discussed in the "how many wraps of shooting line thread" you could move your line anchor, add a light, add a spike, PH holster...so many ideas!!

i like to spear fish

• Congrats HAU and lot's of respect to you Tinman for building such a nice piece of spearfishing pride, the gun is a beauty and hope you kill lot's of good fish with it HAU, I was watching this thread closely and it is great to see it come to fruition.

• spearos-- I have no financial interest in the ETPG. Dan is as open minded and interested in new ideas as any of us here so we wanted to post what has been going on with the ETPG.
    Mako has picked up the ETPG idea/design and full production is coming soon.
    I received the "first" production ETPG from Tin Man several days ago and am very excited to post about this new gun design and production here on Freedivingspearfishing
    I'm hoping that any and all interested spearos will post their thoughts about ETPGs
    I'm hoping that fuzz or Don Paul or other "old timie" :) spearos could contribute their thoughts about this ETPG as wel l:toast:
    The following is a some of the shared intel between me and Tin Man so far.

"Jeff--the new alum. Mako ETPG is great
    I have been in the water just 3 days with it so far. Here is what I've seen so far:
    Mako ETPG;
    1. Is a little heavier than my carbon ETPG set up exactly the same way.
    2. Mako ETPG 120 just barely floats with reel on and shaft out. The M ETPG floats with the gun almost straight up, grip down. It floats exactly he same with the reel on OR off. (edit--the RA Vecta reel with 200f 600lb QPowerline OFF the gun sinks very slowly)
    3. Mako is harder to load than the RA as the Mako loading pad/pad holder adds over 2in to the overall gun length.
    4. I like the M ETPG safety, it works great and so far it has never accidently switched to the "not fire" position like other guns always does.
    5. M ETPG has a great sight picture and shoots dead on with 2 bands.
    6. M ETPG recoil is very minimal as expected, due to the increased gun weight. (If you want felt recoil try an ultra light CF 120, it feels like a pocket .357 going off in your hand).
    7. The Tin Man 2 band spiked muzzle is a perfect fit and is the perefect add on to the M ETPG for any serious spearo.
    I'll write more later,
    Thanks Tin Man
    hau"
    ______