Enclosed track speargun

• It will be a bigger problem if a rounded notch shaft has to be made out of a square notched shaft. A piece including the old notch is going to have to be cut off the back of the shaft which will bring the tab even closer. I'm not even sure if the shaft in your pic is engaged in the mech? If it isn't that will bring the tab back too far already.

No, the pictured shaft is not engaged. If I take a two finned shaft and shorten it, then you are correct. But I could also take a three fin shaft and re-cut it so that the rear tab is just inside the track.

• or re-weld the sharkfin......

Another option might be a Ray Odor shaft with the pins placed to Hau's specifications. Does he do Euro shafts? The shafts that I have gotten from him have always been straight, but I know that others have had different experiences.

Edited once, last by Guest ().

• :hail1: Tin Man :hail1:
    IMO, Tin Man is one of those people that contributes huge advances to our sport unselfishly.
    It is one thing for someone like me to dream up a concept like an enclosed track pipe gun barrel, but only a true highly skilled craftsman can take that dream and create the reality to such perfection.
    I do not know if this ETPGB (Enclosed Track Pipe Gun Barrel) is going to work as I envision, but we would never know if Tin Man had not volunteered to produce this ETPGB.
    Tin Man did not take on this ETPGB project with any financial interest or as a project that would benefit himself personally. Tin Man spent hours and hours producing this ETPGB because of the challenge in creating something that had never been build (to my knowledge) and with the idea that this ETPGB concept might benefit the spearing community as a whole.
    I have wanted an ETPG for over 30yr, and if it were not for Tin Man's generosity and ability, that this dream of an ETPGB would still be a dream
    Thank you Tin Man

• this is fantastic!!! Jeff you are a wizard not a fabricator, I bow to you

this is a great example of invention being driven not by necessity but by imagination and that is a beautiful thing.

I was having a conversation with my brother and sister yesterday about how science has become completely financially driven and how Kepler, Copernicus and Brahe all pretty much were paid to watch the stars by rich folk who just hoped to have their name in the annals of history and before them you had galileo who was more than content to just survive if it allowed him the ability to work at what he wanted.....now the idea of learning and exploring for the benefit of humankind's growth has disappeared...shame.... glad to see you keeping the torch of insight and exploration growing

i like to spear fish

• :hooray:Tin Man--I GOT IT! I GOT IN MY HANDS! HOLY SH-T! This is a dream:thumbsup2:
    She is so BEAUTIFUL.
    Everything is perfect. The CF tube is beautiful after you refinished it. The CF ET is perfect / flawless and beautiful. The fit of the ET, the fit of the CF barrel onto the Tin Man muzzle is perfect, the fit of the CF barrel onto the RA mech is of course perfect also. The complete ETPG is beautiful. Thank you Tin Man. :thumbsup2: Without all your generous time and effort this ETPG project dream would still be a dream as it has been for years.
    I got it in the mail a couple of days ago and went straight to Dan's house for the unveiling.
    There Dan spent hours helping me put the ETPG together. Dan spent a lot of time building new high tech bands for my ETPG. Thank you Dan:toast:
    Dan even took some pictures of my brand new Tin Man/Hau ETPG. Maybe he would be gracious to post those pictures? :rolleyes1: (Thank you Dan)
    Thank you Tin Man :hail1:
    Thank you to all those here that supported my ETPG project :toast2:
    (I will have her soaking wet and slippery as soon as the weather is good in a day or two.)

• It was a fun project, and I'm glad that you're please with the end result. You'll have to let us all know it's benefits or shortcomings when you get a chance to pull the trigger a few times.

I definately would like to see some rigged out pics!

• I saw hau's new gun and I was impressed again with Tin Man's craftsmanship. The track fits a 7mm shaft perfectly, it doesn't accept the RA 7.5mm shaft. It's glued on the pipe so well, the whole thing is solid like a rock. There isn't even a tiny run of epoxy anywhere. The fit into the handle is very well made. The CF pipe is surprisingly thin but feels very strong with the track on it.

hau was visibly stoked :) Ensued a discussion on how long to make the bands for :hau: Nothing high tech on my part, just some good band material and my new wishbone inserts for easy installation of the bands in the closed band slot.

Here's the man with his gun.