AR-15 rifle handle & grips for a speargun handle

• Machined out of a solid block of hard anodiszed aircraft grade aluminum. Features a redesigned contoured trigger guard. Accpets all standard AR15 grips. Grips are easily installed and removed with one bolt, from inside the hollow grip. Allows the diver a choice from a wide selection of grips to suit their hand, and to conveniently reduce the profile of the gun for storage when travelling. Secures to the stock with four screws.

Available from Freedive Store AR15 Speargun Handle Frame

• Sorry I could resist with all this talk about naming Dan's boat Rainbow Runner.

I shot one twenty years ago before the banana clip ban in Cali. I liked the handle angle, but with the thin
    gloves I shoot with, it needed to be more robust. My double handle felt terrible until I cast rubber grips
    and a Gel cell under the hand wep cover. I got the idea from my friends race grips on his road bike.

I also made a plaster of Paris mold I have some where kicking around.
    Cheers, Don

• hha, nice idea. I have shot a friend's and as far as I know the stock handle..I found it to be a superior weapon and found the handle very comfortable..

i like to spear fish

• Looks sick, I want one already. I have always looked at my gun and wondered how I can get a better feeling grip on it.

If a CAA is $40, get the MIAD.

Magpul makes a less expensive grip thats about $20 called the MOE.

• Great idea.

I have an ERGO grip on all my AR's seems to fit my hand nicely.

MagPul Maid is also an ok option for those with bigger hands.

I use the ambidextrous (flexibility in transitioning action/reaction side weapon manipulation), and they're the rubber over-molded "Sure-Grip" style.

Edit:
    +On the Sure-Grip; I was out running drills at the range today in the rain. The grip and my hands were wet there was still a positive grip feel. Unlike the A2 grips which become very slippery with just hand sweat.
    +I have also had copper solvents and foams(hoppes #9, CLP) fall on the grip without any ill affects. which may/not attest to its Salt Water capabilities.

• The AR-15 is the best option. As a matter of fact there are other weapons and aftermarket stocks for other weapons that use the same handle. I had a couple of such handles that I removed from my service rifle along with some other mods when I had to return the weapon back to the armory after my time in the gulf. Let's see if I can find them.

• I don't know anything about speargun ergonomics, but I have considerable experience with ARs. If I correctly understand what you're doing, which I may not, and you're molding a copy of an AR lower for use as a grip/trigger guard assembly for your speargun, it may not be a bad idea to copy an AR lower with a Winterguard rather than a lower with the standar trigger guard. But that may not be what you're after. I don't think you could have chosen a better candidate for a template, as you will have nearly unlimited prospects for grip fitment. Good luck.

• This one is the "Ergo" grip by Falcon Industries, with their "Suregrip" rubber over layer. I like it much better than the thicker and more angled Hogue grip that I tried first. This one is ambidextrous, but they also make it in right and left handed versions with a thumb shelf. I don't really like the rubber plug in the bottom, as it would probably just result in annoying bubbles. But it's easy to remove. The only thing I do't like is that it is deeper at the top, so the hand is a little further back from the trigger compared to the Hogue.

• Looks GREAT with the ergo!!!!

You're really opening up a whole new avenue for those that don't have the tools or knowledge on how to create there own handle's, trigger guards. muzzle's,barrel's, etc... .To be able to customize there SeaWeapon to fit them and the intended pray.

• I wouldn't worry about any deflection of the grip when firing. Psycho made a good point about deflection being a potential issue as the grip design typically only has to deal with the low recoil of a 5.56x45mm round, but don't forget that the same grip design is used in rifles chambered in 7.62x39mm, 7.62x51mm, .300WSM, and .50 Beowulf, as well as a multitude of other higher powered cartridges. It's a well-proven design, and failures of any kind are pretty rare. Good job on your successful cross-pollination of firearms tech to your spearguns. I just hope nobody decides to follow your example with a SAW grip (anybody who has used one, unless you have meathooks for hands, knows what I'm talking about)!