Whats the best speargun brand?...railguns and wood

• just wanted to know the opinion on the experience of you guys with different brands of spearguns.What is the best accurate,durable and better brand of speargun for you guys railgun or wood.(I forgot good price to :D)

• Moved to the speargun section.

A home made wood gun is the best. You can make it as light or robust as you want, put a handle on it that's perfect for your hand, and use the best components without compromise to create a solid durable speargun, beside which most of the pipe spearguns look like rinky dink toys. Parts will run you about $250.

• El mejor para mi es aquel que se ajuste a tu estilo y forma de pesca,,sin importar la marca,,unos disparan
    un poco mas arriba y otros mas abajo,,por eso siempre hay que darle un poco de fine tuning,,asi sea
    cambiando el largo o grosor de las gomas ,, el ancho de la varilla o trabajar la Mariposa..ect.....

Puerto Rico Freedivers!
    Gracia-sub Spearguns!

• GR, do you like that coil line as a shooting line... I started using one like that but felt it was robbing the shaft of a lot of power...I am sure you know what you are doing with that monster, so I had to ask

i like to spear fish

• The coil line is definitley 80's technology. I mainly use it as a free shft gun. It only gets out about once a year just to show that it still can get the job done. I posted a thread on here a while back with details about this gun. A fun write for me and a fun read for you.:toast:

• G.R. your red gun is a pleasure to look at. It reminds me of the excitement and expectation that must have accompanied building it, at a time when such innovation meant a lot more than it does today with all the choices available to us.

• G.R. your red gun is a pleasure to look at. It reminds me of the excitement and expectation that must have accompanied building it, at a time when such innovation meant a lot more than it does today with all the choices available to us.

Dan---I agree 100%
    spearos---But NONE of today choices offer a shoulder stock like we had back in the day like GRs Redgun :(
    I used a JBL Magnum 450 XHD with a DIY telescoping SS shoulder stock back then and LOVED it:D

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 3 times, last by hau ().

• attan--back to your question;
    IMO, the RA Vecta Tuna 1200 (120cm) is one of the very best choices of gun for the money for your area.
    The RA 120 can be set up many different ways to suit your personal preferences. (open/closed muzzle, custom muzzles, change barrel lengths, 1 or 2 bands, carbon fiber/alum/even enclosed track barrels), on and on.
    I have speared in coastal waters for 35 years and the RA is my choice (I have 4 right now)
    Hope this helps

• Hau you make me laugh.. I remember those JBL from the good ol times..:).. I used a Wood Caballero most of my early years. First ones you can find in the island. that a friend of mine from Cuba brought when i was like 12 years old my very first teacher in spearfishing . Still remember all the work i need to put on cleaning the shaft to prevent rust all the time. and sharpening the tips. and make sure non of the double flopper where getting stuck. it was heavy as hell. it was like a 38+ for those who remember the Magnums from JBL. Was heavy but shoot straight and i don't remember ever complaining about tracking a gun left and right That is why i don't care if it's a wood or pipe gun. Because i catch the same fish back then that i do now. Even if you need to track the gun sideways you need to do it slow in order not to spook the fish..(I'm I wrong?). Sometimes and I mean rarely you need to do a sudden move to shoot fast while freediving. Probably i'm a little old school. hope that don't offend no one.

I know I know everyone is different. And you want to be more comfortable in the water. But instead of gear, polish you skills in the water, because that is the most important aspect of the sport.

For those old spearos. Do you remember ever complaining about your old guns, Or you were so happy like me that you don't even care. Now with new technology we complaint about this and that all the time. Ease of track ,, wood vs pipe,, Carbon.. kevlar,, Plastic. SS. open cell, against neoprene etc and most important brands. If the gun shoots straight and you are a good spearo all of the above is not as big of a deal as some like to show. You are the spearo regardless of equipment. Reason i respect old school spearos. Cubans,,, Italians,,,whoever.That was raw spearfishing at is best... Just my :twocents:

I know some of you understand what i'm saying

Cheers

• x2 buddy, well said..

as a wiser man than I once said, and thousands of other wiser men than I have repeated...."it's not the arrow, it is the archer"

I never complain about any of my dive gear, Istill love my first yellow FG polespear, and I can still fill a cooler with it, I do however like to make things better s o iscrutinize my gear to reach it's potential...sounds like complaining, but really Im innovating :) haha

i like to spear fish

• rabitech is good, but the exact same products are available through mako (just a different brand name) at a much smaller price,, and you get free warranty and financing interest free and blah blah,, but rob allen is still better made,, at least i woould have waited a little longer and got a R.A if i were doing it all over

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• rabitech is good, but the exact same products are available through mako (just a different brand name) at a much smaller price,, and you get free warranty and financing interest free and blah blah,, but rob allen is still better made,, at least i woould have waited a little longer and got a R.A if i were doing it all over

Is that right? I always though that RA and Rabbi's (or Mako's) were equivalent...

What´s the difference?

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.