Killer Whale attack in Sea World

• I work with dogs and with some you have to be very careful. With experience you learn that some are different, more intelligent and sometimes capable of holding a grudge. The consequences of a dog attack, while may lead to serious injury, obviously do not present the same risk of death simply due to the drowning aspect. But the reasons for it or the mentality of the animal are the same.

I do not like to see whales in captivity, if you consider all the faculties they possess to be able to survive in the wild you'll realize that they are able to utilize a very small part of those faculties in a captive environment. This can lead to all kinds of physical and psychological imbalances. I'd happily support a law against keeping of marine mammals for entertainment, it's all about money. If you want to see orcas live make the effort and travel to where they live, or watch a documentary.

• I work with dogs and with some you have to be very careful. With experience you learn that some are different, more intelligent and sometimes capable of holding a grudge. The consequences of a dog attack, while may lead to serious injury, obviously do not present the same risk of death simply due to the drowning aspect. But the reasons for it or the mentality of the animal are the same.

I do not like to see whales in captivity, if you consider all the faculties they possess to be able to survive in the wild you'll realize that they are able to utilize a very small part of those faculties in a captive environment. This can lead to all kinds of physical and psychological imbalances. I'd happily support a law against keeping of marine mammals for entertainment, it's all about money. If you want to see orcas live make the effort and travel to where they live, or watch a documentary.

perfectly said

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• I feel sorry for the girl, but I couldn't agree more with Dan. Those are very intelligent animals that sometimes are pushed around for entertainment and that whale just didn't feel like being messed with that day.

• just imagine the horro these animal must feel...to have literally supersonic hearing and spend your life in an accoustic box surrounded by asshat tourists... I love visiting aquariums but Iwould support that effort too Dan...these animals should not be in captivity for our amusement...maybe for research, but that is a big maybe.

what about the tension where a facility saves an animal that is hurt or weak and keeps it to sustain it's life..or when the tourist dollars pay for valuable marine protection services.sorry as a lawyer I'm always thinking about the best arguments for and against...just devil's advocate

i like to spear fish

• i used to live about 45 min from seaworld and would vist somewhat often out of conveniece,, staying after and talking to the "trainers" i was suprised to learn that most of them are psychology and behaviour majors. as opposed to marine biologists or other similar majors. its not too suprising when u think about it that those feilds of study apply much more to what theyre actually doing. They must know they walk a thin line with the orcas. if they put that whale down the person responsible for the decision should be (fed to the fish).

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• They may know but not imagine how far it can go. Now they do.

When I was a kid I snuck in behind the scenes of a dolphin show after the show was over. There were holding tanks and the dolphins of course. At that age I still had ideas that dolphin = Flipper. I was about to touch one as it came close when I approached the tank, and one of the trainers walked in. She wasn't angry to see me there and talked to me for a while. Three dolphins swam up and wanted to interact. She pointed out one and said be careful because he likes to bite. So the trainers are aware of the different personalities, that some animals are more irritable than others. What I think that many of these "animal behaviorists" are not too clear about is that they think they can always predict the switch in the animal, that it's always based on a stimulus that they can avoid giving the animal and so control its behavior. They can't see the animal taking initiative aggressively "just because", and they don't think it's going to happen to them.

It's been my experience with dogs that with most you can see things coming, and change what you're doing so as not to push the animal far enough to the point it will react aggressively. There are very few however that for lack of better terminology can be called liars. They enjoy hurting people, just for the hell of it, and will pretend to be OK just so they can get a chance to bite you. It's a type of maliciousness that I'm sure is not reserved to only canines. Now it took me a lot of exposure to dogs to hit on these relatively rare personality types. In my time I must have worked with a few hundred dogs, I can't imagine the marine mammal trainers being able to work with too many different animals.

• not to be a picky linguist...... alliteration is a rhetorical device, like hyperbole(exaggeration) or consonance (rhyming consonants) or assonance (rhyming vowels) , a figure of speech is an idiomatic expression that means something other to the listener than what the literal definition of the words is (there are many types, like over 100) as in "he is a mutherf*cker" you aren't really saying he copulates with moms, but rather is a real jerk.

I apologize for the derail and the correction....I hate english :)

i like to spear fish

• Hahhahahah, Sdeisen, thank you.

Lunker, I love English, although I am not very good at it :toast: Love the suggestive language of poetry and figures of speech. Irony is my favorite one.

Ok rerailing Those KW are absolute badass orcinus orca means litteraly demon from hell in latin. Orcinus = Hell Orca- orco = demon= Badass

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver