Today on the water.

• This Port St Lucie section is the closest to were we dove today so I placed it here. My friends from Qatar came in for the expo and wanted to dive so we called up Chad Palin to see if he wanted to dive and of course he said yes so we headed North early in the morning. We hit several wrecks and several really nice reefs and ledges for a full day of spearing. The vis was top to bottom in the morning and then became less as the day wore on, but still good enough. The depths all day started at 65ft and went up to 96ft as we got deeper, one of the highlights was spotting and then being surrounded by a HUGE pod of around 200 or more spotted dolphins...very rare around here and we swam for over 25 minutes with them and were able to rub there bellies.
    Everywere we looked were dolphins swimming with us in clear blue 85ft of water, baby dolphins were everywere with there mothers and it was incredible. We were welcomed to some of the deeper wrecks by huge bullsharks that made themselves known , but caused no problems for us so we continued to hunt. Lot's of big Goliath groupers on the wrecks as well and saw runners, permit, muttons which all were skittish and could not get shots on although I tried for the permit (chad is a commercial spearo and has permits). All on all we got 1 big runner, a grouper and both Khalid and I shot decent size amberjacks.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

• Thanks hau, yes it was great to see friends again and show them a great time while here, now I need to go put some lotion on my burnt face...lol.

• Thanks all, yes my friends were very happy with our waters, Dan the water was actually really cold and my 3mm felt great, it is weird how the waters are going from warm to cold up North of here.
    My weight belt and weights to be real honest with you felt like I had none on at all, it worked as you said and really was very comfortable to the point I forgot I had them on, nice and snug up against my body and perfect amount of weight, especially for the deeper dives we did.

• The one in my right hand is mine, shot a stone shot on him just behind the head, they have tough heads too and spear did not go through him. Thanks Lunker

• good catch. its nice when you have friends coming, and you actual get perfect diving conditions to show them all the beautys of your homewaters.
    sure a memory of a lifetime for them.

• good catch. its nice when you have friends coming, and you actual get perfect diving conditions to show them all the beautys of your homewaters.
    sure a memory of a lifetime for them.

well said Tinu..it is so often the opposite.

on a totally unrelated note, did you ever find something to keep water off your camera lens? or do you need me to send you some rainX?

i like to spear fish