First Snorkel the best Snorkel?

• How many people find themselves using the same model of snorkel they started with?

Since the snorkel probably lasts longest of all the gear, unless you have a silicone munching chihuahua, I think people get really, really used to it. Even if it's no good to other people.

My OMER snorkel clip broke so I had to buy a new one in March, I can't stand those soft rubber holders. They didn't have the omer zoom at my local store. They only had the soft tube one, worst invention ever, and the camo one for $40.

I bought the Cressi since it was similar and recommended to me by a friend. So 4 months later I just can't get used to it. Just about every dive it bothers me unless I adapt to it and I had to put my old OMER torn to bits mouthpiece on it. I find it's slowly becoming an OMER snorkel.

On a similar note anyone have an extra OMER snorkel clip they don't want?

Davie Peguero

• Wow that was quick! Thanks very much.

Are you using a rubber keeper on your OMER?

Dan,

Snorkel clip is a snorkel keeper, it just occured to me now.

The OMER soft one I used would bend and wobble as you ascended causing drag and vibration on your head. It is marketed and bendable so I guess scuba divers can put it in a pocket or save a precious cubic inch in your travel bag.

Davie Peguero

• Try the Cressi snorkel keeper, the only one I'd ever use given the option. Next best thing is a figure 8 cut out of a bicycle inner tube. From the pic the Cressi snorkel keeper may appear like all other generic keepers but it's not the same.

• I use the Beuchat Activa and will continue with this and it was my first one. Cheap, flexible, and compfortable. I like to soft snorkel keepers, and hate the clips. Just goes to show you everyone is different. Some people tuck the snorkel in their mask strap also.

• Where is this one sold at?

Try the Cressi snorkel keeper, the only one I'd ever use given the option. Next best thing is a figure 8 cut out of a bicycle inner tube. From the pic the Cressi snorkel keeper may appear like all other generic keepers but it's not the same.

• this is the peice im referring too,, it slides on and off
    im using a figure eiight snorkel keeper now like dan posted, but to be honest i dont like it and i want to find a better option,, i have one of the neoprene ones im considering using

but yeah davie if the peice pictured is what u want its urs i jsut dont know how ill ever get it to you

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• p.s
    the reason i dont like the rubbery figure 8 snorkel keepers is casue the snorkel wants to bend sideways against the resistance when i ascend and it pushes and pulls the mask strap all kinds of badly

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• mine broke too...im using some random plastic one..it hurts sometimes...my brother uses one like the cressi back there..he tells me everytime we dive its the best...looking forward to get one..

• I mounted my OMER zoom snorkus to the back of my mask strap behind my head. It is very streamlined there and out of the way...no wobbling. The plastic snorkel keeper tore my OMER mask strap so I got rid of it and I like this way better.

• I mounted my OMER zoom snorkus to the back of my mask strap behind my head. It is very streamlined there and out of the way...no wobbling. The plastic snorkel keeper tore my OMER mask strap so I got rid of it and I like this way better.

That's the best way of attaching the snorkel. You don't even feel it when it comes out of your mouth on ascent or descent. But in rough seas, water can get in more easily. And head positioning on the surface is different.

• Dan, and others, I was wondering who makes what most freedivers consider the best snorkel. I have a Cressi Freediver snorkel and like it fine, but a soon to be diving buddy asked my opinion, so I want to point him in the direction of the best. Thanks.