Flasher tape?

• Hello,
    I was wondering where I could purchase like a roll of that tape they put on lures and such to to make my gun and fins more attractive to fish. Does anyone have any idea where to get this? I have a roll of that aluminum tape but I was looking for something with a bit more bling.

Thanks!

• I'm not sure about where to get the tape. But I've tried tape on my gun and fins. It works on the nice lacquered finish of my Wong gun. But it came off my fins after about 3 hours in the water. I even tried to put it more near the foot pocket where it wouldn't bend so much. But it came loose after getting water under the creases from bending.
    but the main thing....did it attract fish. I'm not sure but I DID have the largest school of horse eye jacks I've ever seen come right up in my face yesterday.

• I don't have a pic but i use aluminum tape that I think is used for sealing gutters. It works really well and you can get a huge roll of it for about 10$ at home depot.

• Check ebay they have some great deals on there for lure tape. Lots of colors and patterns. I double up on it with one piece on top of the other, both the same shape. The tape is very durable but the reflective bit can get worn over time. Doubled-up it will stay shiny a long time.

The mako tape is the worst flasher tape you can possibly buy.

Alex

• Lure tape is flashy but not all brands are created equal. Holoform tape is the best. Not as blingy but highly reflective and it holds up very well to long term salt and sun. It is meant as safety reflective tape.

If shallow runner chimes in he can post a pic of my old fins. The flasher tape on them is four to five years old and doing well I believe

i like to spear fish

• Lure tape is flashy but not all brands are created equal. Holoform tape is the best. Not as blingy but highly reflective and it holds up very well to long term salt and sun. It is meant as safety reflective tape.

If shallow runner chimes in he can post a pic of my old fins. The flasher tape on them is four to five years old and doing well I believe

:thumbsup2: we use it on the lifeboats for cruises, holds up to years on the decks.

• What's wrong with it? I was thinking about getting some.

The adhesive was very poor and not resistant to abrasion. It peeled off rather quickly, even when placed on unscratched, clean plastic blades. Maybe it was a bad batch, but when there are so many other options available for the same or better price, it wasn't worth trying again.

Alex

• The adhesive was very poor and not resistant to abrasion. It peeled off rather quickly, even when placed on unscratched, clean plastic blades. Maybe it was a bad batch, but when there are so many other options available for the same or better price, it wasn't worth trying again.

That's good to know. Thanks for the info. Which brand do you recommend?

• WOW !! How did you choose which tape to buy? so many colors. Nice.
    Did it stick to your fins? Thanks for the link.

Yes, it stuck to my fins (unscratched). Like I said, I doubled up on it, and it's lasted almost 2 years at this point.

Alex