Big Sur, California - 12feb2011

• Headed to the coast Saturday for an afternoon shoredive with a couple buddies. :smt003

Very sunny & warm; a gorgeous day in Big Sur.
    Some long-period swell beginning to come in, but relatively flat overall.

Crystal clear visibility in the shallows, but the fish seem to have moved out deeper.
    On the outside, visibility was slightly degraded, but still a very nice 30-40ft!

There were a lot of fish around, but we had to work hard for them.
    All the fish shot were between 50-75ft.

As a nice bonus, we each got one healthy vermillion. :smt007

(driveway shot before parting ways, fish already gutted/gilled/iced)

Here's my second attempt at compiling a dive video.
    I'm embarassed because it's a bit rough, but I'm learning. :wink:
    Not only did I learn more about the editing process, but it helped me visualize how to better frame shots & sequences in the future.

Look forward to working on it my next dive! :smt001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC_tEee_cQE

* Looks better if you open in 720 on youtube.

• That is one of the best homemade videos yet. Love the editing buildup to all the olives going down. Glad you found someone to go with.

• That is one of the best homemade videos yet. Love the editing buildup to all the olives going down. Glad you found someone to go with.

We gotta hit south Big Sur before your woman pops. :D

• After this show, life will begin again. At this point I feel like a one man sweatshop.

Well... your boss is kind of a dick... :rolleyes1:

Want me to pee in his coffee again? :D

What kind of gun is that you´re diving with, a Omer?

Sporasub ONE gun. :)

Had to replace bands that morning, so I just took it off my Omer Cayman HF. Took me a few shots to get used to it, but still workable.

• Well... your boss is kind of a dick... :rolleyes1:

Want me to pee in his coffee again? :D

I have another boss now. Making it two. He has me painting high tech cut out chunks of wood and metal... and yes pee in his coffee.:)

• Harold,
    What was the water temp?

For that spot, pretty warm - ~52.

It's usually cleaner there than Monterey/Carmel, but also typically colder.

Temperatures up here don't fluctuate nearly as wide as socal. Pretty much 48-53 year round, with a couple degree swing in other direction.

• Awesome Video. Loved the music. Looks like you real put thought into the editing, showing the environment first then the actions sequences for the end. Really enjoyed it.