I bought a gun!!

• I work 6 days a week so I was contemplating selling all my gear until I realized how miserable I have become since I stopped diving...I called up Gerry at BWS and purchased a Hatch Amero about 5 min ago and hopefully I will be posting a review by this weekend. Looking to take it to the tortugas if the wind stays calm.

• I work 6 days a week so I was contemplating selling all my gear until I realized how miserable I have become since I stopped diving...I called up Gerry at BWS and purchased a Hatch Amero about 5 min ago and hopefully I will be posting a review by this weekend. Looking to take it to the tortugas if the wind stays calm.

I was in scubasworld yesterday and held the hatch gun. It felt too expensive. :D

• Well the gun is definitely worth the money. It is a wood gun ballasted for 3x5/8 bands yet it handled like my railgun. That is all I wanted in a gun...no bells and whistles just a simple effective design. I just have to master the art of the speargun reel and I will be set...lol.

• It was windy so I just terrorized the fish in the canal. I broke a band loading it and I think I will be putting a short shaft into it but other then that shes perfect. Shoots soooooooooooooooooooooo smooth!!

• It was windy so I just terrorized the fish in the canal. I broke a band loading it and I think I will be putting a short shaft into it but other then that shes perfect. Shoots soooooooooooooooooooooo smooth!!

Lets see some pics!

• Where is the other band or you only shoot with one band? What size band is that?

• Where is the other band or you only shoot with one band? What size band is that?

I knew I've seen that gun before..;):D The chick looks pissed.

Cheers, Don

• Matt did say he broke a band. I guess Hatch invests more into the other parts of the gun.

He made the bands in a hurry to ship it out since I ordered it late in the day. I could care less about bands/shafts as long as the design works for me. I am not as sophisticated as you guys and I only require one band to kill fish ;)

• Matt. Not a flame question at all, but if you like a one band setup why get a big gun like that which can clearly handle two or three? I ask for two reasons. The first is that I originally used one 20 mm band on my Tito and added a second because I felt like it was a waste of the guns mass not to add more power.

Seems like this gun can handle more beef

As I type this, it occurs you may have been being sarcastic. If so. Please disregard :)

i like to spear fish