11/06/08-Quick report

• Got out wednesday with Lungfin, and Mike.

We had the day planned out to drop off of Matheson, and shoot south to some of our spots.

The day started out bad, with troubles on one engine, so we decided to make the best of the day

and head out nearby with one engine. We dove the ajax reef area nearby, top to bottom vis, spots

ranged from 20-50ft.

We Managed a black, hogs, manroves, triggers, the usual. Water was 76 degrees and outside

was about 70. I was cold in a 3 mm shorty. I think a 3mm with a hood is a must.

We made the best out of a bad day, saw some big blacks and other big fish that wanted nothing to

do with us, including some big Mahogany snappers 5-6 lb range.

• Don't feel left out with the Mahoganies, they discriminate with all divers the same. Ajax reef usually always has good viz. I know one particular spot out on Ajax that has all the mahagonies, I wonder if it is the same spot you dove on. You got to really work for your fish in that area.

• It's good to see you sorted things out with lungfin ;) Everybody seems to be having engine trouble. We were on the water and aborted an outing with Jim on Monday due to engine problems and now Pantoja is also having engine problems so it looks like no weekend boat dive either. I'm glad to hear the vis improved, I may do a beach dive tomorrow and try out my new 3mm wetsuit.

• Don't feel left out with the Mahoganies, they discriminate with all divers the same. Ajax reef usually always has good viz. I know one particular spot out on Ajax that has all the mahagonies, I wonder if it is the same spot you dove on. You got to really work for your fish in that area.

i think it might well be the same spot. it is a distinct rock and ledge.

I shot the black and I think it was by being, at the right place at the right time.

Fish are extremely spooky in that area, Im sure que le meten candela to that area:overkill:

Even the Jellow Yacks were tuff:D

• Pompano Report

Went out of Pompano for about 3 hours. The vis was about 50ft. The water was cool but was fine with 3mm open cell with hood off. I could have gotten away with my 3mm shorty but the outside temp was too cool. Limited out on Muttons, 1 big hog, 1 medium size hog, 1 bonito, 1 yellow jack. I saw a nice black but i had a mutton on my spear. Sorry no pics, just video coming soon.