Movies Thread

• Rolo, about the wrestler, did you get the feeling they were milking the brotherly love between the wrestlers a little? To my understanding some of the guys in real life are cool and some are assholes. There were supposed to be real rivalries between them.

• Xman origane of Wolverine.... Simply put AWSOME flik. Best one of all the xman series. It explains allot about what I did not know about Logan and how the whole xman thing started. Must see movie.

• Xman origane of Wolverine.... Simply put AWSOME flik. Best one of all the xman series. It explains allot about what I did not know about Logan and how the whole xman thing started. Must see movie.

How many Xmen movies are there? Would it make sense to watch the previous ones prior to Origin?

• Thanks Stevo.

Rolo, I believe there are 3. I liked the 1st and 3rd movies a lot and keep a copy. %100 I'll see the wolverine movie (when it comes out on DVD), I know it will be great. Of course this depends on whether you like the gendre (sp?).

• Avoid:

Punisher: War Zone - What it lacked in sense, it made up for in poor acting

Max Payne - I'm a fan of the videogame, but the movie went off any sort of logical flow.

• Saw Wolverine and Startrek yesterday with kids. Wolverine was a good movie. I thought the fighting/action scenes were great and the best part is that it explained allot of the missing pieces in X-men 1-3. Startrek was surprisingly very good. It has a good twist that will make Startrek new and fresh.

• I saw The Reader last week and liked it. Starred Ralph Fiennes and Kate Winslet. Pretty good acting on Winslet's part.

I'll place Gran Torino on my queue.

• I think I saw Taken with my wife a while back. Is that the one with Liam Neeson? His daughter gets kidnapped? It's a good movie, but the rest of the acting was pretty poor.
    I saw Night at the Museum II with my kids, I really liked it. Good family flick. Just remember one thing when you see it, " Bro" ndon..

• I saw Valkyrie last night. It was good, I guess. I read a book about this assasination attempt several years ago and saw a 2-hour documentary on the subject. Of course, after both of these, the movie did not really do it for me. Nevertheless, if some of you are not familiar with the story it will be worth it. It is about Colonel Von Staffenburg and some other co-conspirators consisting of military men who tried and almost succeded killing Hitler.

• I saw Valkyrie. I enjoyed the movie and would watch it again. But I don't think Cruise was very convincing, he almost never is. Too American playboy like. Russell Crowe or Liam Neilson would have been great for that role. Also the movie moved along too fast.