Diving with Tunes

• hello everyone im fairly new to freediving and am just starting to spearfish.... Just wanted to hear your opinions on this new item here... i bought it at least for diving but can it also be used for spearfishing.... i find that having music i can really relax and keep my mind right to get the down time im looking for....lmk

thanks

• It would hinder my hunting. It's not a "silent world", despite what Cousteau would tell us. I wouldn't be able to hear environmental sounds like the crackling of fish chewing on vegetation, fish croaking, etc. Worse yet, I wouldn't be able to hear boats. I also wouldn't be conscious of noises I was inadvertently making, and wouldn't be able to correct myself.

Additionally, I wouldn't be able to wear vented diving earplugs, and wearing the earphones under my hood (mandatory in colder water) would be a PITA to deal with.

Anyways, I'm not sure the fish would like my taste in music.

Alex

• u can wear them under your dive hood without a problem.... despite the obvious points you made i think i can sacrifice thos luxuries for an even better luxury of listening to some soothing music while i hunt. ill let everyone kno how it goes:thumbsup2:

• Don't disrespect your prey by listening to music as you kill it. I think you may have been affected watching spearfishing videos with background music. Alex was very patient with you and explained why your foolish idea wouldn't work out, but you disregarded him which shows you're not willing to learn. That and the fact that I find your idea to be against everything spearfishing means to me, brings me to the conclusion that you don't belong here. Try this forum instead http://www.spearboard.com

:banned2:

• u can wear them under your dive hood without a problem.... despite the obvious points you made i think i can sacrifice thos luxuries for an even better luxury of listening to some soothing music while i hunt. ill let everyone kno how it goes:thumbsup2:

You're talking about replacing necessities with luxuries. :crazy:

Alex

• DUSKY23 To pescasubmarina just have to hear the sound of the sea, your heart and concentration in your mind, to avoid having
    a mishap which could resultpose a danger to your life.
    The most beautiful fish is to hear the different sounds made by fish to catch and observe their reactions, it is just that.
    Everything else is frivolities of wayward children, with all my respect

:yinyang: <º)))))><

Para hacer pescasubmarina solo hay que escuchar el sonido del fondo del mar, tu corazon y la concentracion en tu mente, asi evitaras tener algún
    percance inesperado que pueda suponer un peligro para tu vida.
    Lo mas bonito de pescar es escuchar los distintos sonidos que realizan los peces que pescamos y observar sus reacciones, es sencillamente eso.
    Todo lo demas son frivolidades de niños caprichosos, con todo mis respetos

• I would definitely be interested in some music while line diving...not so much for spearfishing.

• Title should be "Diving with Looney Tunes". Can't believe this was actually considered for spearfishing. Being able to listen is vital for so many reason of which one is to be able to hear props of other boats nearby. Can't fathom anyone who considers this for spearfishing has spent much time in the water.

• I can't see anyone wanting to do this having been in the water even one time. We have a responsibility to educate, but this is going too far. If someone is going to join this community come with at least one experience where you felt the essence of what we do.

• The only music to be heard is the sound of the sea and the sounds they make their animals, just so we in harmony with nature is the essence of the sport
    <º)))>< :shark4:
    La unica musica que hay que oir es el sonido del fondo del mar y los sonidos que emiten sus animales, solo asi entramos en armonia con la naturaleza es la esencia de este deporte

• C'mon guys! The kid said he was new and was asking for advise. Don't be so hard on him...

Regarding his question, I don't even like to hear music when I'm jogging. I preffer to hear the nature, birds, etc.

I won't use that device and probably he wouldn't after a couple of tries. Those would be 180$ thrown to the trash.

Peace and love! ;)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• The thing is, like Dan mentioned, he asked the question, but really had already made his decision. Look over his reply after he was politely informed that would be a rather stupid idea. He finished off by stating he would let us know how it goes. I really never like when someone asks a question that its intent is for affirmation rather than education all within the auspices of a "newbie" umbrella. He clearly chose to ignore the first reply. So Marco, to your point, no he was not asking advice, he was searching for support to go forward in buying this useless gadget.

• Marco, you've said yourself that you "prefer" diving with experienced guys. Having to deal with ridiculous stuff here is not so different. I prefer not to have to deal with it.

Regarding his question, I don't even like to hear music when I'm jogging. I preffer to hear the nature, birds, etc.

Never mind hear the cars coming, or boats in this case.

• Rolo, Dan: Have you ever been 18? How did you act? Did you ever followed older people's advise? I did many stupid thing despite what people told me. Is just the nature of a teenager.

I preffer not to dive with newbies, but just because they will probably won't enjoy the dive and put themselves in dangerous situations, but I never refuse to give advise to them.

Anyway, is your toy and you ban whoever you decide to.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Marco, I don't enjoy removing someone from the forum, it takes time to make the decision and I have other things I'd rather do. Implying that I ban members at whim is unappreciative of my efforts to keep this place BS free.

• MARCOEncuentro una situación algo juvenil, con una pregunta de chicos joven, no veo ningún problema para banear a alguien
    que en su desconocimiento y falta de experiencia ha realizado una pregunta.
    <º)))><
    Encounter a situation somewhat youthful, with a question of young boys, I see no problem to ban someone
    in their ignorance and lack of experience has made a question.

• I remember a stubborn diver nick-named Pargo... who would sometimes ask questions on SB & ignore the advice/comments of all... until he got a response in support of his original thoughts. ;)

My 2 cents - I think some people need to learn the hard way.
    It's easy to be myopic and have tunnel vision when you're excited about something.
    I remember tying a steak knife to a broomstick thinking it was a great spear... cause it was serrated. :laughing3:

I've also thought about UW music, though only for dive training in a pool.
    For myself, music is a distraction & something that would detract from diving experience.
    For others, music is a complement to whatever activity they partake in.
    I can't wear headphones while mountain biking... my buddy can't enjoy biking without his headphones.

Yes, I agree it's a big safety concern; however, I don't think that's a reason to be banned.
    Seems hasty... but that's just my personal opinion.

Not my forum, not my vision... not my call.
    One of the reasons why I didn't want to be a moderator. :D