Question for the smokers

• Dang! I forgot about this thread.

Well the day after I posted I decided to quit. I found a book online that helped me engrave in my brain that im not craving nicotine because I don't smoke. So every itch I'd get would trigger me to repeat to myself over and over "why would I get up to smoke if I don't smoke anyway?"... Have to admit it's working well so far. I haven't fallen off the wagon and I live with smokers. Tonight I'm having a party at my house and will be drinking, probably heavily.. Lol. I'll see how long I can hold it off.. I definitely feel better already.

Thanks for the support and encouraging video.. Ack!

• What's up guys. I'm wondering how many of you smoke, how much you smoke compared to how much aerobic exercise you do and most important what are you breath hold times?

I really want to quit. I know the risks and it's still very difficult to get through my skull.. Looking for some motivation.

I used to and now I chew. my breath hold has improved a lot since I quit about 4 years ago.

• Congrats, keep it up.

I quit smoking, cold turkey. Probably the best decision that I've made recently and doubt i'll ever smoke again in my life.

Did you happen to read Easyway to quit smoking by Allen Carr?

• I used to mess around with stogies really young. 15-18yrs a few to a pack every 2 weeks. I have since then come to my senses.. Now reefer is for me. I do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu on the regular and I feel as if the reefer only helps with my recovery.

Interested to see how my bottom times come out as a "smoker"

I struggles dry holds 2 weeks ago with a max hold of 1minute and now can easily hold 1:20. May cut back on the reefer when it comes to dynamic hold practice if I don't see progress .

Don't smoke tar. Ecck.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

• Having a nice cigar at the end of day after being in the water all day is something I look forward to. That and a nice 7&7 and telling fish stories is what it's all about, not another 15 second bottom time. Just have fun doing what you love. Far too many guys out there can hold their breath for 3 minutes on land, and run a triathlon but can't hunt or dive worth a shit.