Broward Beach Conditions

• at Dania Pier Beach again today
    begin at 9am-----------------------end at 6pm
    wind from SE at 6mph-------------from SE at 11mph
    water temp 77F--------------------72F at 25fsw
    current from S at 2mph-----------same
    viz 50f in 30fsw--------------------40f in 30fsw
    air temp 81F PC--------------------88F PC

Me and scott and stevo on the 2nd reef today.
    Scott saw Ä BIG SHARK":0 and got 3 hogs
    Stevo got fish also and saw a shark or 2
    I limited out on hogs, got 2 muttons and some porgeys.
    I missed a lot of fish till I switched out to a new band.
    I saw a 8f or so hammer, nurse sharks and 1 bull and lost another chum bag:(

• LunkerBuster---no, no wrestleing this time. Shark was to big.:D When you get old like me you have to pick your fights.:)
    I do not know if Dania is getting "sharky" as this is my first season at Dania pier beach. Last year I speared Hollywood beach. Several different factors than last year is that we are:
    1. Chumming every dive.
    2. Out there 4-6 times a week.
    3. Spearin more and more on the 2nd reef.
    4. Posting every shark sighting.

Ismail swam over to me the other day all excited. He said he had seen a "big fu--ing shark, I almost sh-t myself"". I asked him what kind of shark it was and he said "one of those big fu--ing sharks that eats people".:laughing3:

• at Dania pier peach 2nd reef today
    begin at 9am-------------------------end at 7pm
    wind from E at 5mph----------------from E at 14mph
    water temp 78F, 75F in the sand at 35fsw
    current from S at 2mph------------from S at 1/2mph
    viz 50f in 35fsw---------------------40f in 35fsw
    seas 2 f or less, 4f swells ---------same
    air temp 81F PC--------------------85F PC

Me and projectile on the 2nd reef today.
    Projectile got his first freedive hog fish:thumbsup2: I called him over and pointed to the hog in the sand. He watched and watched the hog till I yelled "shoot the hog, shoot the hog". Projectile breathed up and dropped to within 20f of the hog and shot and missed. While he was reloading I watched the hog. Projectile swam over after reloading and I pointed down to where the hog was and told projectile to "get alot closer before you shoot'. He breathed up and dropped till his spear tip was 5f or so from the hog and fired. His spear hit the hog in the belly and as projectile was swimming up the hog came off and limpted down under a coral head. I watched the hog until projectile was again loaded, then I dropped down and grabbed the hog under the head but he got free and swan 15f and layed down on the reef. When I surfaced I again yelled at projectile to "shoot the hog, shoot the hog". This time when projectile swam up he had the hog in both hands:laughing3:
    I got a bag of hogs, porgeys, a mac and grunts
    Projectile said that he "had a great mental health day":D

• Todays weather is crap and looks to be crap for several more days so I had time to order the camera and uw housing today. It should be here in 7-10 days:excited1:
    Going up to Florida Freedivers in the morning to pick some things I cannot get local, if anyone wants to go along or needs me to pick up something for them just let me know.

• pargo--this is the closest that I could find to the color variation snake that I showed projectile. The snake we saw was more of a brown variation sea snake, but was probably the same family the we saw. The sea snakes are very long and thin, just like land snakes. As you know, eels have much thicker bodies, even little spotted eels still look like eels where these sea snakes look distinctively like a land snake just thrown out in the ocean. I do not know much about these sea snakes only that most true sea snakes have venom. Getting to see a true sea snake is rare for me.

Video: Sea Snake at Portlock

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 3 times, last by hau ().

• i have seen small sea snakes many time off vista and dania...they are often banded brown and white and they are always in and around fan corals, i have seen them moving and investigated because i thought it was an octopus and all i could see was the tentacle...

I'd say ive seen four or five

i like to spear fish

• Did everyone know that we have sea snakes in florida waters?
    Hau thanks for showing me that one.

Where can we find more info on these? New one for me too. I'm not saying there aren't any, I just had never run across any. Could it have been a snowflake eel? I had many in my fish tank and those look like snakes instead of eels. Especially when smaller.

Edited once, last by Toledo ().