Broward Beach Conditions

• Hey hau you skipping on your testing?

Saw your truck and extra yak at meade st on the way to school.

Davie Peguero

• At Meade St for the last 3 days [#133, #134 an #135]

Today me and fish2400 met up at Meade St. for a half day.
    Seas were less than yesterday but the viz was still at 30f in 30fsw
    Lots an lots of boats on the water today
    fiah2400 had to go in before me so I don't know how he did. Hope he got into more fish than I did as I got 3 smaller macks, 2 ok schoolmasters an 6 jacks.
    Today was another beautiful yak freedivingspearfishing day

seaweed----long time no see. Great to see you the other day. I lucked out and tested out high enough that I got a week or so off. :)
    ____

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• 10-14
    went out at dania peir and paddled out to barracuda reef. seas were a lil chop not bad. visability was garbage and particulate was really thick. only stayed about an hour but speared a very nice mutton.. my personal biggest. alot of bait fish which is promising but also kind of nerve wrecking when u cant see ten feet out as to whats with them.

P.S hau i saw ur truck with one kayak unloaded but coudnt find ya anywhere.. hope ur day was succesful

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• At Dania Pier today
    begin at 9am-----------------end at 6pm
    wind from ESE at 8mph------same
    water 89F
    current 1/2mph from N------same
    viz 40f in 45fsw--------------20f in 25fsw
    seas 2-3f---------------------about same
    air 84F PC--------------------90F PC

Solo today. Started out on Dania 3rd reef but the viz sucked so I came back in :( to the 2nd reef for the rest of the day. Saw VERY few shootable fish but managed 3 hogs, 2 macs, 4 dogs, 1 porgey and 2 muttons. All of average size. Not many fish for 9 hours of swimming but it was nice to just get back into the water after a few days off:D

edeison88--sorry I missed u. Glad u got a PB today:thumbsup2:

Spearfishing Store

• Dan--------the only dogs I can shoot are the stupid ones that have not been shot at before:)
    The EDUCATED ones won't let me get close enough
    Smaller dog snappers are like curious cats. :) Spearing some kinds of fish reminds me of varmint hunting. I like to watch them come in when I "call"them correctly

Spearfishing Store

• Mariner---I'm sorry but I do not have any yak pictures. But my yak is VERY generic for a reason.
    Some of the beaches I used to go to and may go to in the future are not spear friendly.
    My Scupper Pro is my favorite yak because ALL my gear including flag, cooler, gun and all is stashed below deck until I get out to the dive site.
    So a picture of my yak would look just like any other Scupper Pro yak sitting in the store.
    I have done lots to make my yak spearable, including my anchoring system, my below deck cooler, equipment storage, fish finder, compass and even my flip up flag.
    I would be happy to try to help if you had any yak rigging questions:)

Both Dan and LunkerBuster have spent lots of time improving their yaks and could offer their opinions.
    black1 was asking yak questions also,m so maybe moving this to the boat/yak section would be better?

Spearfishing Store

• I have done lots to make my yak spearable, including my anchoring system, my below deck cooler, equipment storage, fish finder, compass and even my flip up flag.

That's what I'm interested in seeing!!!!

You could start a thread(with pics:D) on kayak rigging and set ups tips...

Edited once, last by Mariner ().

• That's what I'm interested in seeing!!!!

You could start a thread(with pics:D) on kayak rigging and set ups tips...

http://spearfishing.world/boat…-rigging-suggestions.html

or you could use the magical search button and VIOLA!! haha, just kidding, here are some of my older mods...as soon as i find my camera again I'll get some more pics up for you

i like to spear fish

• At Meade st today
    begin at 830am------------------------end at 5pm
    wind from SE at 6mph----------------from SE at 10mph
    water 89F an murky
    current 0------------------------------from S at 1mph
    viz 25f in 25fsw----------------------30f in 35fsw
    seas 2f--------------------------------same
    air 85F few clouds------------------88f PC

me an scott went to Meade St today
    everything was perfect except the viz was crap and there were FEW fish
    scott got a nice hog an had to go in early
    After scott left I moved deeper and lucked out with 5 hogs, 3 dogs, 4 schoolmasters, 2 muttons an 2 porgeys
    I would have had another schoolmaster but a moray shredded it before he met my Tin Man spike:(
    I shot a schoolmaster that ran out over the sand.[I use a reel] As I pulled him in he hit the reef ledge and the next thing I knew was I was underwater and headed down with a 6foot moray on my fish and shaft.
    I pulled down hand over hand 35f to get to the moray as I couldn't pull him up.
    By the time I got my fish away from the moray the fish was shredded:@
    Come to think of it, it was pretty stupid for me to fight the moray :dumb:
    My next project will be to cut my RA130 down to a 120 as it was very hard to move the 130 fast during this fight:(

Spearfishing Store

Edited 4 times, last by hau ().

• pantoja----you are correct, not legal to shoot morays. I didn't shoot him as he had my shaft AND fish in his mouth. But my Tin Man spike made him drop what was left of my schoolmaster:D

Dan---I always shoot as short a shaft as possible, like greekdiver. So the shaft in my RA CF 130 is only 61in long. Unless I am mistaken 61in would be way to short for you

• I didn't see moray eels in the regulations so I believe you can spear them. If you're really hungry go for it :) but I found them difficult to clean, that skin is very slippery to pull off, and lots and lots of small rib bones throughout the whole length. A couple of moray eels were among the first fish I ever shot, it wasn't in the US, and it was a big deal at the time. Spearfishing was so new and exciting then.. I felt like the ocean was my playground.

• Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums, was reffered by Hau :) . I do alot of shore dives out of dania / fort.lauderdale area. I'm hoping to meet some new dive buddies to fish with, so if anyone wants to meet up let me know.
    Thanks,
    Brian.