Broward Beach Conditions

• I bought the "Scuba Series" Underwater Digital Camera Mask HD today from my LDS.
    I already own a really nice UW camera/housing but I found that I never used it cause photography seemed to interfer with my UW hunting.
    Hopefully this mask cam will do a good job and I'll start getting some spearin pix to share.
    Later I'll write a report on this mask cam.
    Thanks
    _______

• Hey guys,
    I want to head out tomorrow from Hollywood(shore dive) area and Im looking for a dive buddy. I hope to meet some new people here that love spearing as much as I do.
    Thanks,
    Brian.

Edited once, last by Brian ().

• hey brian, i would of been glad to but the wind def. isnt allowing it. Hope all went well if you made the venture out.

Hey, yes I did go out In the key biscane area. Vis sucked was 5 feet or so, I still managed to bag a few mangos.

• Today at meade st. and north around first reef.. Viz much much better than it has been. waters cooling downn a bit too i believe. Seas a little choppy but not bad. Got 4 hogs and a mack. very fun day considering i had to come back in at 2 to make it to school on time.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• At Meade St. solo today
    begin at 9am-----------------------end at 530pm
    wind from E at 10mph------------from E at 15mph
    water temp 79F
    current from N at 1/2mph--------from S at 1/2mph
    viz 20f in 35fsw-------------------18f in 18fsw
    seas 2-3f---------------------------2f or less
    air temp 86F 25%clouds---------83F 50% clouds

went out to 2nd reef and the viz sucked but I stayed all day an got 2hogs, 2 macks, 2 schoolmasters and 2 black margates. Nothing big.
    Since the weather has been bad we haven't been spearin since 10-17 so just getting in the water with my gun was good.
    I changed lots of gear while the weather was bad so today was kind of a check out day to make sure all the new gear was good.
    This was the first spearin day since I cut my RA130 CF down to a 120. I also bought a new shaft for the 120 size and this new shaft has notches not pins. I like the notches much better. I also "modified" my Tin Man 2 hole muzzle/spike with some files. I like the gun LOTS better now
    I also wore the Liquid Image HD320 mask cam for the first time and a different snorkel. Result is the snorkel was junk so I switched back to the Omer Zoom clear I been using for years. It took me all day to get used to the mask cam.
    I wore my new Ice Blades for the second time today and they are sic, sic. I love em for the way I spear
    Today was also the first day with 1mm fin socks and Home Depot ($8.) gloves. Both worked great
    Wore a new Mako 1pc 1.5mm blue camo for the first time today an it seems ok for what I'll be using it for
    Now all I have to do is figure out how to do the mask cam / computer thing an get some pictures posted
    Sorry this got so long winded

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().

• thanks hau.. me and the life gaurd pulled out the super binoculars casue i was gonna hunt you down once i noticed your truck,, but you must been way out there casue even the hubble telescope wasnt finding you. you got some margates? i saw soome nice size ones today.

• hahaha @ hubble reference

nice work Hau, glad to hear you are digging the new gear..you are very discerning, so if you say positive things, they must be pretty good products

i like to spear fish

• hau you dive alone alot it seems, be careful buddy, when I get my boat your welcome to come help me christen it with lot's of fish and anyone else here who wants to do the same.

• black 1---thank you for the invitation:D Very nice and appreciated:thumbsup2:
    However I don't have the money to contribute to a fair share of the boat expenses AND most days I can only spear from 830 till 12 or 1pm. I try to sleep 3-4 hours a day before my night shift at 6pm. Those are the major reasons I spear alone.
    I am anxious to see all your posts about the new boat you are getting and your adventures:toast:
    Again thank you for the invitation:D

• Tin Man---you know me and the picture thing:(
    What I did was to take your two hole spike muzzle and ground and filed it down so that it resembles a Hammer Head muzzle WITH a kill spike.
    I didn't touch the top of the muzzle where the shaft track is or the bottom of the muzzle so that the spike remains supported just as you built it.
    I filed down the sides of your muzzle to just over the OD of my RA 120 CF barrel and tapered that diam. up to the shaft track and down to the angle you built on the bottom for the spike.
    Next I tapered the muzzle [on the non shooting line side]from the back diam to the front of the muzzle so that the non line side is 7/16 out from the center of the spike/track line. Next time I get in the water I'm going to see if the shooting line groove is even needed. I'm going to wrap the shooting line over the spear then around the spike an back to the line release. If this works then I'll file down the line side of the muzzle just like the non line side. The muzzle will end up being aprox 13/16 wide at the front and 1 7/16 tall [original diam]
    Last I flied down band groove tracks into the muzzle so that there was much less shoulder that the bands had to turn around to go back to the shaft when cocked.
    I WAS going to drill out the muzzle shaft where the muzzle goes into the barrel to lighten the muzzle until I put a new band in the sink and saw that it floated. I probably will not need to drill out the muzzle shaft as I am going to start using 2 bands on my gun instead if 1
    Sorry for the long dissertation. Was just trying to make it as clear as possible. [a picture is worth a 1000 words:)]
    I love the delrin. It is so easy to work
    Thanks for the beautiful muzzle/spike design Tin Man:thumbsup2:

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().

• hahaha, I do have a halloween party tonight :devil1:

:toast::toast::toast:

:ymca:

I might try to head out for some shore action whenever i wake up, depends if my sinuses clear or not...

i like to spear fish

• really a great day,, worth not being hungover for,, which was a tough decision. hau and i got out at 830 and ocean was a lake. viz good enough to see the sand all the way to the reef. stopped at first reef and fished around till noon until hau had to leave. he played around with a green sea turtle and got some video (which i hope comes out well) and got some dogs and schoolmasters, but thats his story to tell. I got two margates, and after he left went out to the second reef and got 3 nice size hogs. at the second reef a beastly lagerhead scared the shit out of me, i think i almsot fell out my yak..I was on a mission for a nice mackeral today and wasted a lot of tme on that fools erond.,,saw and chased the same very very large one for at least an hour,,, but he didnt even let me get close.