on the beach at 0800

begin -------------------------end
    wind from W at 5 -------- then from E at 15
    current from S at 1.5
    viz 15f in 20fsw -----------20f in 30fsw
    seas 1.5f------------------ 2.5f in 40fsw
    water temp 74 in 30fsw
    72deg rain------------------------ partly cloudy 80deg
    viz got better later in the dive! no man o war, 2 pink jellies, birds feeding, 2 14in hogs

The above is what we had LAST year (2008)
    I text scott and sdeisen this morning and said;
    "Today is a go
    Meet u at Meade at 1030
    Pack a lunch cause we're gonna b on the 3rd reef all day"
    (our conditions today are 30mph winds, 0 viz and 8f seas)

neither scott or sdeisen replied to me for 2 hours :laughing3:

Happy Birthday scott :clap2:

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau: add the conditions for 12-18-9 ().

• so lo meade and south today 12-21-09
    1030ish am.
    got a llate start but ocean was still very calm. went out to first reef expecting pea soup viz but found actually very very good viz. id say everybit of 45 feet. current was ripping though so instead of fighting it swam with it along the ledge south then turned west out to second reef. lots of margate, small muttons and 10-15 inch hogs. alot of barely under groupers tooo. i was not in mood to clean 15 inch hogs today so just enjoyed the clear water and hnted around for soemthing nice or maybe a nice mack. no problem though how the weathers been im was just stoked to be in some nice clean water. saw many big rays and big morays and a few nurses. overall a beautiful day. water felt like a warm bath casue the air was sooo cold. i think like in the 50s earlier on. paddling the kkayak out and back in was torture. but the good kind.
    !Arrivederci!

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• hey guys,
    Im fairly new to these forums. hello to all. I want to do a shore dive tomorrow sunday. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in coming. It does not matter to me where we go, i just like to have a good time doing what i love. let me know tonight please, 305-799-8515. my name is Brian.
    thanks.

• ft. lauderdale scott and I 9am
    ocean flat but decent size swells near shore, we went out the distance to what would of been what we call the 2nd and 3rd reef in dania (where the ledges are)...really cool bottom structure all over, big ravines and trenches and coral heads. came across a stretch of bottom at least a hundred yards long of just elkhorn coral so thickk u couldnt see the sand. saw two seaturtles chillen together and they were curious ,,and big schools of spadefish. lots of little jacks swam through and saw a lot of smaller muttons and other snappers. i got two hogs and some kind of jack with yellow fins. not a whole lot of ideal fish but a beautiful day regardless the viz was pretty awesome... scott got two nice hogs ,, 17+inch, a mighty wave claimed my fish but no gear,, so i cant complain.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!