Broward Beach Conditions

• has any one saw this
    http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI140406/
    Be safe every one
    CORAL GABLES, Fla. (WSVN) -- A man has been hospitalized with a wound to his arm after his friends said he was attacked by a shark.

A friend of the victim said the men were out spear-fishing about two and a half miles out from Elliot Key Wednesday morning. The friend said the victim caught a barracuda and when he reached out to get it, a shark believed to be a 12-foot long bull shark bit his arm.

The man was transported to South Miami Hospital in unknown condition.

• out with fishing dude and scott today from meade.
    ocean flat and viz was good, waters gettin colder still
    we all got hogs, bens was the biggest. maybe hell post later.
    im late for school.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• fishingdude----Congratulations on a great hog for a beach dive :thumbsup2:

sdeisen---I know that water is cold. Great job hanging tough in the cold waters. Glad that you guys are finally having some good seas and viz.

Something that some spearos,( and especially scuba spearos) may not realize is that our freedive suits have to keep us warm for hours and hours in the water AND at the surface. Scuba spearos make one or two dives for an hour each or so, climb back onto the boat and change into nice warm clothes.
    Freedivers generally are IN the water for hours and hours, never getting out until the day is over. And while in the water hunting, freedivers spend 90% or so of their time at the surface where the air tempature can be 45F in our area.
    I don't like being cold in the water because:
    1 Being cold decreases my breathhold time and fatigues me sooner.
    2. Being cold for an hour or so is a lot different than being hypothermic for 6 hours.
    3. Being cold for an hour or so is a lot different than having an accident and ending up in the water overnight like has happened to a friend of mine:@
    Please wear enough GOOD rubber in this weather brothers.
    Hope this helps

• 1-14-09
    conditions awesome,, seas flat, very goood viz, very little current. but nooooo fish,, didnt set the gun off once. went to the very outtermost side of the second and swam back into the first and south along the ledge, then from first into shore.. usual small hogs and groupers and misc. snappers,, saw one nice spani mack but it was already cruisin away pretty fast.. regardless beautfiul day to be in the water and get some swimming in..

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Anyone get destroyed from jellyfish today shore diving

? I was stung about on every spot not covered by my suit even my mustache. But there where a lot of good size fish out though.

• Saw a ton of mackerel up in Boca, I know you said you liked them, but I went this afternoon before work and it was deceptively choppy so I keep drinking water and was too noisy to get close enough to them.

I did get a nice margate that may be a current record breaker :thumbsup2: I gotta weigh it, if I can find a scale.

• A gathering of masses.
    Looks like more an more yak/spearos are planing on meeting tomorrow ( 1-18-10) at Dania Pier starting at 0730.
    So far there are 5 spearos coming. Any and all EXCEPT fish2400 are welcome.
    Seas are to be 2f or less.
    Viz will probabley be crap.

• At Dania Pier today
    begin at 0830------------------------end at 1130
    wind from SW at 5mph-------------from W at 10mph
    current from N at 1mph------------same
    viz 30f in 30fsw---------------------10f in 30fsw
    seas less than 2f--------------------same
    water temp. 70F in 30fsw
    air 65F cloudless--------------------73F cloudless

scott, sdeisen, MovingTarget, flamenguru and myself meet up east of the Dania pier this morning
    By the time I got out there after work scott had already made a very nice find (I'll let him tell it)
    At aprox 10am the viz dropped to almost nothing as the inlet tidal wall rolled south and engulfed us.:(
    I lucked out and shot 1 time and got a nice 31in mac with the very first shot with my brand new Tin Man/ hau ETPG :yay:
    Moving Target got a nice hog and I'm hoping flamenguru did good as well.
    Weather was GREAT for the middle of January.
    Like sdeisen said "hau you are stoked" :excited1:
    What a relief to get back out into the water after surgery

PS--there was even aprox 2doz beach buns to greet us back onto shore :bouncinboobs:

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 4 times, last by hau ().