Broward Beach Conditions

• Another vote for it being really cold today, after two hours I was miserable. Dan remember me when you get the suits in, I got back the money the government took from me last year.
    Large, Ocean Camo

• My line came untied I'm not sure how :confused2:. I was really mad :frustrated1: and was getting ready to tell Hau I was going home because I lost my spear. Then I found him and he had it in his hand. :notworthy3:

i used to have allot of tangles when my line was tied directly to my shaft, I switched to mono>line and things got allot better. not sure if you are using a real w/ line tied directly, but if you are and are getting your bands tangled in your line allot that could help.

• mariner, do you think that is a rule for reels or all shooting line...I use Qpowerline as my shooting line and i love it...it has less line memory than mono and is thinner for the strength...I was just wondering if you were being specific to reels, and if not, if you'd break down your reasoning a bit more so I can potentially improve my rig...thanks

i like to spear fish

• Meade St today
    begin at 830am-----------------end at noon
    wind from SWest at 4mph----from NWN at 4mph
    current from N at 1/2 mph-------same
    viz 60f in 40fsw-----------------55f in 40fsw
    seas less2f---------------------------less than 2f
    water temp 71F
    air temp. 58F 75% clouds-----75F 10% clouds

Todays weather was EPIC :excited1:
    I almost called in sick today. the weather is so perfect:nono:
    It was VERY hard to climb back onto the yak an come in :(
    I got 4 hogs and 3 porgys. I saw a school of 25-30 2f dogs swim past me 40f below. I was so surprised to see so many big fish that all I did was watch as they all passed below me:@
    I would have missed MY OWN WEDDING to spear today :laughing3:
    For me Spring is here. The water is STARTING to warm up, the weather is breaking and the days are getting longer.
    Did I say that I love my Freedivingspearfishing wetsuit and my Tin Man RAET gun? Thank you Dan and Tin Man
    The viz is up., beach bun siteings are up so I'll try to put the gun cam in the water soon

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().

• Meade St today
    begin at 830am-----------------end at noon
    wind from SWest at 5mph----from E at 15mph
    current from N at 1/2 mph-------same
    viz 50f in 35fsw-----------------40f in 35fsw
    seas less2f-----------------------3ff
    water temp 71F
    air temp. 60F 50% clouds-----75F an 65% clouds

Scott,, sdeisen an me today.
    Between the 3 of us spearos we only got 2 muttons

• disregard hau and his two mutton theory,, although for the fiirst four hours we spent in the water its true, didnt see much at all.
    weather was nice and viz was good, decreased as tney day went on, saw a lot alot of small hogs (8-13") and small muttons and dogs and so on
    i went back out after coming in with hau and scott at 1230 viz wasnt as good but first reef was a little lively
    fwc says my flag is too small, but really i think its just porprtional to my tiny kayak,, some people never understand

all and all a good day with good freinds,, it will be nice to see more fish around but whatever its jsut nice to be in the water.. and thank yoou hau for the rice crispy treats and crackers and tea it saved my life later on

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• marco, fisherman's friends are great, but Hau keeps a stash of ludens (?) cherry on his yak..it is amazing...they get the salt taste out of your mouth and seem to last forever underwater. great for a recharge

i like to spear fish

• Marco---I buy my cough drops at Walmart. The Walmart brand is not as strong as the Halls brand. Cherry is my favorite flavor and they are just slightly negative bouyant so if you blow the cough drop out through your snorkle just look around and you'll find it gently sinking near you and easy to grab :laughing3:

Spearos---while we are on the subject of buying spearing support stuff, today I found 2 gallon plastic ziplock bags at Publix. Until today I have had to cut fish into pieces to fit inside 1 gallon ziplock bags.

• nice hau...they have those good insulated bags at some dollar stores...they are like 20x15" and can be used a few dives(like 10 if you spray them with clorox) before they get stinky..

i like to spear fish

• ludens are really good but i dont think theyd give the same icy clean feeeling like the ones hau uses do.. ludens are more jsut like cherry candy.. his are generic brand cherry cough drops.. like hall's but less intense

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Marco----I buy Walmart brand, not Luddens or Halls.

LunkerBuster---I was refering to freezer bags. You know, like ziplock sandwitch bags only in 2 gallon size to put fish into to put in the new freezer I just bought.