Broward Beach Conditions

• Really HAU, I didn't get that bad of weather today.

Was out from 10am until 3pm.

I got some rain and wind but nothing crazy.

Went put shore diving swimming out with a friend.
    Lots of life on the reef, got a few reef fish.

I'll post more later.

FYI,
    Pursuit fins are amazing.

• how far do you guys go out? I beach dive and have been out to about 25 feet... is that far enough or should i keep swimming? im not tired at that point at all and usually stay out there for 2-3 hours, but if I need to continue further out next time I will. Im hoping to go out friday around noon and any help is appreciated

• LOMartin---today we lucked out and had good weather where we were but there were storms to the West of us with lightening and rain and dark clouds south of us which reminded me of summers storm precautions. I just wanted to caution possible less experienced spearos to be on the lookout for dangerous weather this summer.

mrmike--I do not know exactly where it is that you spear but from Dania Pier down to Summit St. there is a nice reef within swimming distance from shore

Dan--there are a lot of varibles that determinne how I respond to threatening weather. If I do get caught out there in a summer storm I stay in the water

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().

• LOMartin---today we lucked out and had good weather where we were but there were storms to the West of us with lightening and rain and dark clouds south of us which reminded me of summers storm precautions. I just wanted to caution possible less experienced spearos to be on the lookout for dangerous weather this summer.

mrmike--

Yeah good stuff.

it could be scary out there when the down pour starts.

• LOMartin---you are correct.
    2 summers ago I got caught out on the 2nd reef by a summer storm.
    The wind, rain, hail and high seas made it so bad that I couldn't see which way shore was.:@
    That was my last yak dive WITHOUT a compass mounted on my yak and 300f of 250lb anchor line:)

• Ft. Lauderdale beach today

begin at 730am-----------end at noon
    wind from E at 5------from E at 10mph
    current from N to South at 2mph---same
    viz 60f in 40fsw --------25f in 25fsw
    seas flat-----------------less than 2f
    water temp 78F
    air temp. 78F cloudless ---84F 25% clouds

scott and I at Ft. Lauderdale beach today
    viz was better early then went to shitz
    again we didn't see many fish:(
    scott got a hog and some others
    I lucked out again today and got this mac (34in) and 6-7 other fish
    I only saw 1 little hog all day but the macs are running
    Again I was happy to NOT see any oil slick:)

• HAU!! I hope posting pics isnt being too much of a hassle!! lol The girls are a nice touch, wish i was there to mess around, but Ill be backing you up next week as long as weather holds.:toast::toast:

• [QUOTE=hau;30037

mrmike--I do not know exactly where it is that you spear but from Dania Pier down to Summit St. there is a nice reef within swimming distance from shore

[/QUOTE]

I dive anywhere from atlantic blvd area (pompano pier) to as far south as 27th street thats the farthest south ive been so far... we see lots of hogs, some mackerel, an occasional snapper and grouper. and there have been 2 big black margate cruising the south side of commercial pier (datura st) oh and the other day when i went out without a spear the triggers (2-3 of them) were within arms reach, bastards were mocking me. 27th street is my latest area ive been checking out thats where I met steven and found out about this site. I should be going there tomorrow ill let you guys know how it goes, oh and it will be my first trip out with the ray odor polespear

• Went out of Vista today around 2pm. Viz was horrible, plankton bloom on the top blocked me from seeing anything below. Would have stayed, but the 5mph current made me head back to shore after I got tired fighting it.

• Meade St. today
    begin at 830am-----------end at noon
    wind from E at 5------from E at 12mph
    current from N to South at 1/2mph---same
    viz 60f in 50fsw --------45f in 30fsw
    seas 2f--------------- 2f
    water temp 78F
    air temp. 78F cloudless ---90F 10% clouds

At Meade St solo today
    Viz was a lot better today
    Current was less today.
    I only saw 1 legal hog (got him and 4 porgies).
    Saw a school of 4-5 kings but they were way to far off and i could not close on them
    All in all it was a relaxing beautiful day in/on the water:D

• today in the 954.

Vis. 25'
    temp: too hott
    current: 1knot going south.

Fun day, my dive flag came off my aimrite float. Almost got run over before that.

Lots of life on the reef, not much to shoot at.

• LOMartin it looks like something was nibbling pretty good on that one hog there or was that from the shaft? nice catch.

trigger maybe. ..

and about the lob's. I shot a school master today and it holed up. A 5# looking lob attacked the school master trying to get some meat. . .it was a very big lobster. .nice to see them. .