Broward Beach Conditions

• Yeah Hau, it feels great to hit big fish but the swim back is never fun.

Lucky me it was a short swim from the first reef. And got to show off a little with my girl along side as I took the shot.

Such badass fins. I have yet to feel sore after a dive. My average shore dive is 4-6hrs.

Lots of power, grace, without the weight.

...Stronger, Faster, Lighter...

.Larry O M. . .

• Nice wins, gonna love the class, good people Kirk and Mandy are, I am going to the Keys with them on the 14th and 15th to freedive "scooter" the Vanderberg wreck and hopefully spear with my friends Ren and Ashley, they are having an Intermediate course down there starting the 17th.

• black, please take some pics on that trip, i really want to hit the vandy and with the oil looming it might not be available for a while pretty soon...the last pics I saw were from about two months ago and it already held some nice looking fish...AJs were up by the antennae less than 40 ft deep

i like to spear fish

• cue the DAft Punk.

i like to spear fish

• hey guys,
    went out yesterday 6-6-10 out of key biscane.
    Vis was amazing, 60ft+ in 40ftw.
    Only shoot a small mutton , red grouper and a few porgy.
    Fish where hard to find, was only in the water for less than two hours.
    There where ALOT of 10-16in muttons and undersize hogs.
    Hope this helps,
    Brian

• thanks Brian, good report...you might want to start a Dade county conditions thread as you seem to do most of your diving there... I would enjoy such a thread so I encourage you to do it :)

i like to spear fish

• South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 830am-----------end at 1200
    wind from SW at 5------from W at 10mph
    current zero----------same
    viz 50f in 60fsw ------40f in 50fsw
    seas flat--------------still flat
    water temp 80F
    air temp. 78F cloudless ---94F 10% clouds

Solo today
    went out to the second an saw no fish and had no current OR waves so I packed up and paddled out to a reef at 50fsw.
    Dropped anchor there, drifted down the anchor line and began seeing fish
    I didn't have much time out there before I had to start in but I did get one mutton an 1 mac out of the bunch
    The water and sky were beautiful today
    _____

• South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 830am-----------end at 4pm
    wind from W at 5------from NE at 10mph
    current from S at 1/2mph--same
    viz 50f in 50fsw ------25f in 25fsw
    seas flat-------------2f
    water temp 80F
    air temp. 78F cloudless ---94F 75% clouds

Solo today
    went out to a reef at 50fsw looking for future spots and yaked around till i got too hot and the FF battery pooped out :cool2:
    Clouds began to get threatening so I came in to shallower reefs closer in to the beach.
    I could see it raining S of me but there was no lightening so I just kept hunting
    Ended up getting a sink of dead fish.
    Today was a very hot day out on the water for 7 hours

• LunkerBuster--I ran the FF for 4 hours paddleing around on the 3rd reef today
    I got a sunburn doing it too as I didn't have a t shirt or hat, just my hood an wetsuit.
    The batteries were old (from my old FF). Tomorrow I'm gonna take out new batteries to make sure that the little battery pack can power the 385ci sufficiently. If not then I'll have to rig up the battery that came with the 385
    Yea, I found some numbers today;)
    Is way cool being out on the 3rd reef with the big sport fishing boats :thumbsup2:

• hau I don't know if I am going into a touchy subject but do you drop down or muttons or do some sort of grunting to bring them closer.

• Steven and myself did a 2hr late afternoon beach dive from Ft Lauderdale today. Steven got a Margate double. He acted all cool about it like he's done it many times before :laughing: He also found a big black sea cucumber, I don't know why he kept fondling it. Then he said the thing spit out some gooey stuff on his wetsuit :rolleyes1: That's what happens when you mess with marine life man! I didn't see anything worth shooting, it's kinda sad :( but the water was refreshing. Steven then learned that margates have very low yield, I don't think he'll be getting another double. Oh and the $1 mcrapper burgers afterward really hit the spot!