South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 8am--------end 230pm
    wind from SE at 3mph---from E at 8mph
    current 1/2mph N to S---same
    viz 35f in 35fsw--------25f in 25fsw
    seas flat--------------less than 1f
    water temp 84F
    79F cloudless---------90F cloudless overhead with inshore clouds

Solo freediving spearfishing from the yak again today.
    Had a great day with near perfect Miami spearin conditions. You could see the reflection of the clouds on the surface of the sea cause the sea was so flat. :thumbsup2:
    Still not many spearable fish but I ended with 4 hogs, 15-17in.
    Lots of nice beach buns out today :thumbsup2:

• Late report for 7-16-11__#56-2011m
    begin at 8am--------end 1pm
    wind from SE at 4mph---from E at 9mph
    current 1.5mph S to N---1mph S toN
    viz 30f in 30fsw--------25f in 25fsw
    seas flat--------------less than 1f
    water temp 84F
    83F cloudless---------94F high overcast clouds

Today was another near perfect yak freedive spearfishing day with blue sky, warm/flat seas, little boat traffic and lots of beach buns to come back to
    Problem was that again today there was almost no shootable fish to be found
    and the viz shut down earlier.
    I ended with just one hog and one mac

LunkerBuster--thank you sir

• South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 8am--------end 4pm
    wind from S at 4mph---from NE at 15mph
    current 1mph S to N---1/2mph S toN
    viz 30f in 30fsw--------25f in 25fsw
    seas flat--------------2f
    water temp 84F
    81F cloudless---------91F with thunderstorms

Today started out near perfect, but got rougher as the day went on.
    I finally found a spot that was not completely hunted out and got 3 hogs, a jack and a nice 35in cuda.

• did you guys eat that Cuda? Any good way to test for ciguatera before eating? I've tried the ant trick as well as the cat and that just gets everyone sick

• LunkerBuster--u da man sir. Thanks for posting my pictures sir.:hail1:
    Hope u are healing well.
    And u are correct. I am purely selfish about sharing my women.:D

Marco--I apologize for my well documented lack of computer skills. But my brothers here are always so helpful to post my pictures and tell me which keys to click.

sdeisen--just wish u would post some of your pictures of the sweet college girls u hang with sir :)

jcmeng--hell no I didn't eat that cuda! I trade all my fish for sex from the women that I never post pictures of :thumbsup2:
    The only 100% reliable cig test is the MIL test. It is cheap, 100% accurate for detecting cig AND is fun.;)

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• Late report for 7-31-11__#58-2011d
    begin at 8am--------end at noon
    wind from W at 5mph---from NW at 12mph
    current 1/2mph N to S---1/2mph S to N
    viz 25f in 25fsw--------same
    less than 2--------------2f
    water temp 84F
    80F 10% clouds overhead---------90F with 10% clouds overhead

Today was a nice yak freedive spearfishing day with blue sky, easy wind and seas. I saw a nice eel and big turtle, but few shootable fish.
    I lucked out and got 1 hog and 1 34in cuda.
    Hope others got out also

• 8-2-11__#59-2011d
    begin at 1pm--------end at 5pm
    wind from W at 5mph---from W at 10mph
    current 1mph N to S----same
    viz 20f in 20fsw--------same
    less than 2--------------2f
    water temp 85F
    90F 10% clouds overhead---------90F raining

I got a reel late start spearin today due to training, but I needed to get wet so 4 hours in the water was way better than none. As expected, the viz was only 20f that late in the day, AND i got caught in a rain shower and all my gear got wet :rolleyes1:
    Not many fish in 20fsw but I had fun. LOTS of beach buns when I started today :thumbsup2:

• I started at 11 today conditions were great, seas less than 1', viz was 40+ went to an area that's in between two areas I frequent, found out there is a lot less traffic around there and subsequently more fish. When I started out I had horrible indigestion and kept burping and couldn't hold my breath very well, but I got that sorted out pretty quickly. I went as deep as 40' today and found a mutton but it ripped off - really pissed me off as that's the first mutton I've shot but couldn't land it. I need to work on my shot placement because that's 2 fish in 2 trips that have come off. I saw a total of 3 shootable hogs but never got a good shot. Grouper were everywhere today, most were undersized, mainly between 14-18 inches but I did find a 20-22 inch black that was very human friendly. Hopefully he'll change his ways or he's going to end up on my dinner plate in the future. The highlight of the day was a 24" red grouper that holed up as soon as he saw me but over the course of the next three dives I got a good shot on him right behind the gill plates. It then took another 2 dives to work him out of the reef. Small sea turtles were everywhere

• It seems good to me, last time I had a mac rip off but I couldn't quite tell where the shot placement was. Today the shot wasn't where I wanted it, I was chasing and took a long shot (he was fleeing and I was in pursuit and he just started to curve left) I know it hit him in the spot and should have traveled through him and come out almost mid body on the other side. He took off and was pulling out my reel line as I swam for the surface. He slowed to a stop and then took off again when it came loose. I could see him at the bottom as I tried to reload and reel in my line. At this time a hog (bigger than my mutton - which made me mad) came over and checked out the commotion. Both fled before I could reel up and reload.

• Late report for: 8-6-11__#61-2011m1
    begin at 8am--------end at noon
    wind from E at 5mph---from w at 24mph
    current 1/2mph S to N---same
    viz 30f in 20fsw--------25f in 20fsw
    seas FLAT-------------4f and building
    water temp 85F
    87F 15% clouds overhead--86F rain/black oveerhead

Today was not perfect
    Todays conditions looked marginal, so I just went to the 2nd reef and then wished I had not gone that far off.
    Saw lots of moon jellies and more fish then expected. Saw 3 macs that had gone to spearo id class and would not come within range. Had 2 hookah lobster divers come down the ledge I was on. They were scaring every fish out from under the ledge, so I set up a drift position above and ahead of them and shot 2 hogs they flushed out :rolleyes1:
    I was having too good a time and not paying attention to the weather. When I heard the first flash of lightening I knew I was too far from shore. I rushed to stow all my gear and by then the seas were 3-4f with wind at aprox 20mph from the West. I paddled for 30min into the wind towards the nearest beach. The closer to the beach I paddled, the more shore protection and less waves. Finally after 45min of paddling I made it to shore.