Broward Beach Conditions

• The local dive shop in Pompano jus reported 20-30 viz over the phone and that their boats not going out since its so bad in places. Spearalina and I were going to go out after leaving work early today, but not if the viz is that bad. Any one with a viz report for Pomano and Is the viz better to the south? We'd go as far as Hollywood tomorrow morning to get some better viz and try out our new Speardiver vests unless it's bad to the south as well

• Diveable but not something I'd recommend. We had to come in after an hour and 45 because the current was unbearable. Seriously bad. We ended up three blocks down from our launch. I ended w two small mangos. Saw a stud hog but he knew the score and never let me close. Missed the one shot I had one a medium YJ who cruised by at about 65 mph heh heh heh. Of course he came back once to look at my empty shaft before taking off. Bastard

Red chief had his gopro. Maybe he got some footage

i like to spear fish

• Hahaha too funny. That was my stupid phone w auto correct. I guess it knew !!

I lost my knife walking down the beach with my banks board and gun. I had paused to gut my catch and set it down on top of the board like a first class A hole! Had the empty sheath on my leg still!! So annoyed. I had really good juju on that blade.

Happy to share the report. As Hau always says, I hope it helps my spearo brothers out:)

i like to spear fish

• Haaha, I think red chief is a little more fitting.

It was awesome meeting and diving with you guys.

Current was definitely ripping hard enough that staying over a spot was difficult. Viz was surprisingly not too bad though. Could see the bottom over the second reef which is definitely an improvement from last week. Didnt see too much fish action. Only shot my gun once to kill a lion fish on a coral head coming in.

But considering we sat though a rainstorm when we arrived and didn't know if we were gonna get to dive, it turned out to be a really nice day. Now I can go back to work with my diving itch scratched.

First time doing a beach dive with the banks board and it was awesome. Learned a few things and had a few tangles, but for the most part it worked great. Definitely switching to a rope for easier coiling.

• Hahaha too funny. That was my stupid phone w auto correct. I guess it knew !!

I lost my knife walking down the beach with my banks board and gun. I had paused to gut my catch and set it down on top of the board like a first class A hole! Had the empty sheath on my leg still!! So annoyed. I had really good juju on that blade.

Happy to share the report. As Hau always says, I hope it helps my spearo brothers out:)

Damn...that was a nice knife.

• Man, reading through all these post is making me depressed, lol. Everytime I think I can get out the weather or school blocks me! Gills are getting very dry here.

Lunker, or anyone, want to get out this w/e for an early dive let me know. Would love to get some in the cooler before residing to the lab for the duration.

• For sure brother. Just started my new job so the week is out for me but I am still diving every weekend the skies permit

You know the number big hoss. Holler at your boy

i like to spear fish

• Yea man, I will give you a shout as we get closer to the w/e. Maybe get the yaks out of Miami. Hardline, same for you man. Let's kills some fish.

• Was definitely a ripping current. You can see from the screen grabs on RC's goPro how my floatline is super tight. It seriously sucked dragging my Omer Atoll float around it that, not nearly as streamlined as those bad ass banksboards.

Good mmeting you RC. Judah, a pleasure as always...