Speardiver Teak Euro speargun 90cm - 140cm

• So help educate me I have only ever used a wood gun once, an Andre is Cozumel. I remember liking it, but that was my second time spearfishing. I now own an array of rail guns. I want to get a wood gun or guns eventually, but am wondering what the advantages are. Especially for one that's not a big tuna gun with many bands. What are the advantages of this gun over your carbon fiber rail gun? Or is it just preference. I know this subject is discussed in general other places, but I think it's interesting to ask some one who sells two specfic guns his opinion.

• This is one of the most impressive wood guns, I've ever laid eyes on. So much so I had to order one and can't wait to get it in the water and shoot it. The pictures, however impressive still don't do it the justice as holding it in your hands. It's a beaut for sure.

• Dan,

Absolutely beautiful guns!!! :toast:

I'll be in the market for a new gun in a couple of months (fingers crossed) and these are by far the best looking guns I’ve ever seen.

I remember holding what I think was a prototype while I was at Speardiver HQ. Is there anything you can share about the design changes in the final product?

Congrats!!! :thumbsup2:

• Sith, the features I posted.

What are the advantages of this gun over your carbon fiber rail gun?

The differences are general to wood vs. pipe guns. I can give you my opinion on this, but prefer you start another thread about it so others can participate in the discussion, I have a feeling it could get long.

• What is the largest diameter shaft that the trigger mech will accept?

The gun looks gorgeous! As others have already said, I look forward to seeing pictures of the entire gun! Put me down for a 130. Hopefully they will be in by October, our fall Cobia migration should be in full swing.

• Price will be $500 - $600 depending on the length of the gun.

My apologies for what might seem as a dumb question but does this pricing include rigging (i.e. mono, shaft and bands)? :confused1:

• Wanted to share my initial experience with this gun after purchasing a short while back. I figured I'll add it on to this thread rather than a separate trip report. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get out much this year with a newborn that arrived along with my other 3-year old and the selling of my boat earlier this summer, which left me without a vessel for the first time in 13 years. In any event, I was able to dive this past Thursday with the gang in the keys.

It was an afternoon dive with 4-6 foot rollers and first and lone spot of the day was 80 feet at the top rolling down to about 110. I was anxious to test my luck with this new gun, but would have preffered at a more manageable depth considering my long layoff and more ideal conditions. Anyhow, after a few "gather your bearings" dives, I dove down until the bottom opened up and I could scan the bottom. I was able to spot a nice not huge black grouper and give a quick chase and closed the gap. He gave me a vertical shot and I took it hitting him behind the eye, but not stoning him. I was able to keep him out of a hole and off the bottom away from the potential Bull sharks that roam this spot. I was a great way to initiate this gun with a shot that hit where it was aimed and landing of a prized quarry. We ended up with a limit and had a successful afternoon.

I've always shot pipe guns and was always partial to my Rabitechs. I still am to a certain extent, but have now made the switch to this smooth shooting teak gun. I was really impressed on this first shot and how it performed over the course of a few days. I can't wait to use it again soon. Thanks again Dan, I really like my new toy!
    :thumbsup2:

• Rolo failed to mention that he let me use his new gun after I straightened his bent shaft. This gun is well balanced and shoots super straight. I shot an elusive hogfish fron 12 feet away and the shaft went right where I pointed it. I liked it enough to order one for myself. I am going with the 100 cm for hunting the shallow stuff off Tarpon Springs. Great gun at any price:toast:

• Nice! You used it with just one band?

I did. Only as its a personal preference from a comfort level of always using one. However, two bands would be ideal for most. As I don't use reels and always just one wrap, this configuration works for me (for now) as it is a 20mm short lenght rubber. Thanks.