Hello fellow spearos

• I'm a newbie in this website :cool2:
    I ve been spearfishing/freediving for about 20 years now. though i'm a diving instructor as well and have spearfish/diving as well. nothing is better than kill or stalk a fish while holding your brerath. I'm in the military and spend quite a few years overseas and have not been able to spearfish in the last 4 years :angry5:. maybe twice now finally back to the states i'm living in georgia and looking to meet new ppl in the area so i can get going my spearfishing . :) . If any experience spearos in the area please send me a PM to set somenthing for when the water gets warmer. Will try to post pictures of previous catch i have made. Snappers, Sharks etc.

• Core--Welcome to one of the best spearfishing forums there is.
    There are a lot of very experienced/ successful/friendly spearos here to learn from.
    I have learned much here.
    I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do.

• Core--Welcome to one of the best spearfishing forums there is.
    There are a lot of very experienced/ successful/friendly spearos here to learn from.
    I have learned much here.
    I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do.

Thanks Bud. i really will learn a lot here . i know a few from real life and i know we got some quality spearos from all over:)

• Welcome to the forum :toast: We don't have any members from the east coast states north of Florida at this time so you are the first. It's great to have participation from a different area. When you find diving partners in your area feel free to direct them to this forum. In the meanwhile make yourself at home and absorb our spearfishing wisdom :laughing: and share some of yours.

Saludos,
    Dan

• Welcome to the forum :toast: We don't have any members from the east coast states north of Florida at this time so you are the first. It's great to have participation from a different area. When you find diving partners in your area feel free to direct them to this forum. In the meanwhile make yourself at home and absorb our spearfishing wisdom :laughing: and share some of yours.

Saludos,
    Dan

Thanks a lot.
    Ive been reading a lot lately. you from carribbean i beleive right.? Venezuela?

• Bienvenido Alvin! ;)

Thanks to you bud. i'm here. Glad you show me this place.:D finally i get to read from PR spearos. Kind of make me home sick. But i will return one day with a vengeance, so please i beg of you. stop killing damn pargos. i feel the supply will run thin by the time i get back:rolleyes1:. But hopefully i can go back to Parguera that is where i did my last Matanza.

• Nice. Cuba got some of the best reefs for spearfishing. You can go from north of cuba all the way to Bahamas i beleive. is a heaven for game fish. Got a Cuban friend that landed some huge Cubera Snappers and some huge Groupers as well.

• well core, u have to be carefull with some cubans!! What ever size fish your friend tells you, cut it in half and that will be the real size! :thumbsup2:

eso es lo que mi ex-suegro siempre me decia. and he was cuban!

Just joking guys!

• Joking aside I have not yet seen this. The Cuban spearfishers I know have always been very serious about what they do. I mean they always would sell their catch and it's sold by the pound so they have to be accurate.

• well core, u have to be carefull with some cubans!! What ever size fish your friend tells you, cut it in half and that will be the real size! :thumbsup2:

eso es lo que mi ex-suegro siempre me decia. and he was cuban!

Just joking guys!

:laughing3: Dont lie you were dead serious. :agree1:

• pargo, yo soy boriqua; osea que soy casi perfecto! pero lo digo de relajo. Mi primera esposa era cubana y mi segunda esposa tambien es cubana!

El que no quiere caldo le dan dos tazas!:crazy: and my third wife hasn't been borne yet! :thumbsup2:

• pargo, yo soy boriqua; osea que soy casi perfecto! pero lo digo de relajo. Mi primera esposa era cubana y mi segunda esposa tambien es cubana!

El que no quiere caldo le dan dos tazas!:crazy: and my third wife hasn't been borne yet! :thumbsup2:

:laughing1: Haha I'm from :puertorico: too. lived there 29 years now in the military for 4 years. The only thing making me miss home is going spearfishing. Nothing like getting in the morning drive a few minutes get in the water and let the blood roll. I really miss that. That is why i'm trying to get to know more spearos in the floridas and georgia area. cant wait to go back in the water and do something i love to do. Also i'm looking for a good gun. if anyone know of a good gun been sold not extremele expensive. please send a PM or post a pic.:)

• Bienvenido a casa!! Cuando estuviste en el ejército te instruyeron en Sambo? Por acá hay muchos aficionados a las Artes marciales también. Un saludo ...

Sambo??? No por lo menos ARMY da Brasilian Jujitsu. O Sambo es lo que le dicen al Brazilian Jujitsu?. Coji unos cuantos cursos. Solo para dominar a la persona. pero coji 2 mas para destrozarlos;):D. Pero a pesar de todo yo trato de evitar peleas solo causan problemas:nono:. pero si tienes que pelear sabes que hay que ganar. Hoy en dia artes marciales no sirven mucho. cualquiera te saca una pistola y te da dos tiros. DAMN cowards:angry5:.
    Hasta ahora solo he tenido que usarlo una sola vez. espero no tenerlo que usar nunca mas. And thanks for the welcome.:)