Best days of the year pics 2012

• Well, it's years end. I have a lot of good memories and I hope everyone here does. Here are some of the best fish I got this year. I wish everyone a safe and lucky 2013.

• I also was lucky enough to take two trips this year. Went to Philippines in June and Hawaii in Nov.
    I posted a lot of these pics in the A few from Belize thread but you can't see them anymore. Facebook changed the address for the photos or something.
    Had a great day with Daryl on his boat. I learn so much from him. He's like an encyclopedia of spearfishing from his experiences and from all the people who pass through and dive with him. Great guy. He showed me how they hunt wahoo there so if I can find this "highway" I've heard about here, maybe I'll get lucky the next full moon or two.

A few from the Philippine trip.

Edited once, last by hank ().

• Blue vex that aint my year... ANY YEAR :laughing: you guys are awesome :thumbsup2:

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• A few more.

Duqesnay with a monster. haha. About a million of these were schooling in our canal as I was going out. A few jumped in the boat. That would be a hard shot with a gun.

Da Boyz....

Edited 2 times, last by hank ().

• The year is going out with a bang...literally. I jumped in at one of our cuts to try and find the school of dogs. But with the ingoing tide, they must have been hiding inside the reef. So Jake took the boat inside to anchor and I was going to swim in. I was drifting along approaching the spot where the cut starts to go through the reef and saw a couple dogs pass by. So I dropped down and laid behind a rock in about 25 feet of water. After about 20 seconds here came this nice cubera right at me.
    I waited until he got right to me and turned but as I pulled the trigger he bolted. I hit him a bit in the tail going forward coming out behind the gill in the abdomen.
    He went for a small rock and I went up. I gently pulled on the line and "pop" it broke. Shit. I pulled it up and no shaft. I looked down and could see it sticking out from under the rock so I went down and there was the fish still on the shaft. I grabbed it and went up with the fish fighting the whole way.
    As I tried to get hold of it to brain it, he flopped hard and hit me right in the mouth. hah. The Cubera Wrestling Federation. He almost tapped me out. As I got on the boat blood was running down my chin.

Jake shot the dog deep. He did a 1 min 48 sec dive to 84 feet and waited. In came the school. They stayed deep though. I didn't get any. haha.

Edited 3 times, last by hank ().