A good bad day

• A friend of mine had one chase him up off the bottom for no apparent reason. It took a coupla bites at the flopper and then bit him on the thigh.
    He shot it between the eyes after that which didn't kill it, and it attacked him a couple more times (but missed ) and then a shark came in and got rid of the fish! Ended up with a few stitches, but could have been much worse.

• A friend of mine had one chase him up off the bottom for no apparent reason. It took a coupla bites at the flopper and then bit him on the thigh.
    He shot it between the eyes after that which didn't kill it, and it attacked him a couple more times (but missed ) and then a shark came in and got rid of the fish! Ended up with a few stitches, but could have been much worse.

Say whatttttttt!! :@:@ Awesome story thanks for that share...

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• THe problem with this one was I was really close when I shot and the shaft passed all the way through. He was free swimming with just the shooting line in his body.
    Having the shaft stuck in the body is a big plus for slowing them down, directing their swim and grabbing onto to get a hand in the gills.
    Live and learn. I think I was getting too cocky....'Ahhhhh, it'll never happen to me...." riiiiiiggghhht. haha.

• Didn't get it stitched. I made some butterfly bandages by cutting up some high quality bandaides. It's closed up nicely and no infection. Back in the water in a week...I hope.
    I can hear my Dad now, ...."You'll be awright". He was a doctor and that's pretty much what he said if he was sewing up my lip, head, arm, we were sick...
    I think he must have used that line a lot in WW2. He landed at Normandy on Day 2.

• Didn't get it stitched. I made some butterfly bandages by cutting up some high quality bandaides. It's closed up nicely and no infection. Back in the water in a week...I hope.
    I can hear my Dad now, ...."You'll be awright". He was a doctor and that's pretty much what he said if he was sewing up my lip, head, arm, we were sick...
    I think he must have used that line a lot in WW2. He landed at Normandy on Day 2.

http://i1337.photobucket.com/a…/DSC04279_zps11ca2465.jpg

Whoa. He was a serious hero to be a field medic in that melee!!!

i like to spear fish