A spearfishing writers competition!

• I need a nice introduction to forum to go on the home page of this site instead of the Lorem ipsum. The introduction should say something about spearfishing, what we stand for as spearfishers and the goals of our little spearfishing community as a community (if we have any). Here's your chance to have your original words immortalized for the whole internet to see. If you'd like to submit a complete writeup or just part of what you think should go in there please post here :D

• Here at FreedivingSpearfishing you will find a dedicated and passionate group of spearos who strive to better the spearfishing community while improving themselves and their skills. We seek to learn, to share and to live in harmonious balance with the ocean all while exemplifying the purest values this sport is built upon....Respect, for the ocean, for the fish and for one another....Responsibility, to lead by example and be good ambassadors for the sport....and Safety, to not push ourselves too far and most importantly to always be diligent in watching and caring for each other...

welcome aboard

i like to spear fish

• :fanwave:damn my question will be where the hell did he stole that shit from?..hmmm :blah: joaking
    I think that was short enough and straight to the point well done. Still a little dissapointing. i was waiting on ROLO to do his version on things, you know the :hi: gay way.:laughing3:

• “I have never seen or heard of such a fish. But I must kill him. I am glad we do not have to try to kill the stars.” Imagine if each day a man must try to kill the moon, he thought. The moon runs away. . . . Then he was sorry for the great fish that had nothing to eat and his determination to kill him never relaxed in his sorrow for him. . . . There is no one worthy of eating him from the manner of his behavior and his great dignity. I do not understand these things, he thought. But it is good that we do not have to try to kill the sun or the moon or the stars. It is enough to live on the sea and kill our true brothers. :D

:clap2::thereyougo:

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• “I have never seen or heard of such a fish. But I must kill him. I am glad we do not have to try to kill the stars.” Imagine if each day a man must try to kill the moon, he thought. The moon runs away. . . . Then he was sorry for the great fish that had nothing to eat and his determination to kill him never relaxed in his sorrow for him. . . . There is no one worthy of eating him from the manner of his behavior and his great dignity. I do not understand these things, he thought. But it is good that we do not have to try to kill the sun or the moon or the stars. It is enough to live on the sea and kill our true brothers. :D

:clap2::thereyougo:

The Old Man and the Sea (El Veijo y el Mar) by Ernest Hemingway, my favorite book.

Davie Peguero

• That´s a great link. Hemingway was the man. It was my very first book, along with Jack London´s work, Salgari and hunting adventures of Jim Corbett, those were the books of my childhood ... Those were the days, no Wii nor cable or Xbox...!!

• Yep, I probably owe getting into dogs to Jack London brain fucking me with those Call of the wild and White fang books :)

BTW that's not a link, it's a freedivingspearfishing.com special :D

By the way, sorry to derail, but what kind of dog was that of the clinging death chapter, I´m sure it was a pitbull, but he calls him a Bulldog. The dog was depicted as a real APBT though.

• The thing is it was never depicted as a specific breed just a bulldog. Movies are not to be looked at as definitive interpretations. Among old timers a pitbull is a bulldog still today. Many others are called bulldogs too for example the American bulldog which is much bigger. Then of course there the one everyone knows as the bulldog.. the English bulldog. Back then I'm sure English bulldogs were not the crooked ones we see today. Still even among those you sometimes see the incredible tenacity. So in the book it could've been anything really, just possesing that temperament. Bulldogs or the bully breeds among fanciers is anything in and around that molosser terrier mix.