Guam spearfishing reports

• Marco---I'm in Guam on vacation with my GF visiting her son/wife/3yr old. We are having a good time doing family stuff. So no real diving or training for me, but waters and island are beautiful. This is my first vacation in aprox 10yr so I'm just chillin. I'd move here to Guam if I get a Navy job though. :D

Hardline---as most here know, I suck at posting pictures. I've gotten pictures on my iphone and underwater camera but can't seem to find the time so far to upload them. Thanks

The girls here are amazing also. Long straight hair, dark eyes, small stature and VERY friendly. :laughing:

Sir - forget fish photos - we want photos of the local girls - PLEASE Sir! :thumbsup2:

• As many here know, I am computer challenged so picture posting has been hard for me to produce. BUT, someone has promised to help me with the computer part of the photos. It is going to take a little time to get settled here, get the plastic navy put back together, shipped gear reassembled, new job started, new yak hauler rigged up, place to live, yada, yada.
    Thanks to all

• I love how the last thing on your to do list was find a place to live. :D Good luck hau

• At ABC Bay today:
    begin at 10am------------------end at 1230pm
    wind from NW at 5mph----------from NW at 10mph
    water temp 81F in 60fsw
    current from N at 1mph-------same
    viz ?f in 60fsw----------------same
    seas 1ft------------------------seas less than 1-2ft
    air temp 96F 10% clouds----same
    surf--3ft

First true day of yak freedive spearin on Guam for me.
    No fish died today but I got my 2 spearin yaks and gear sorted out and put back together from the move here.
    Saw 6 sea turtles, two white tip sharks and the biggest black drum I have ever seen.
    The white tips were about 4 and 5ft long. The drum was at least 2ft long. He looked big from the surface and as I dropped the 50-60f down to him, he just got bigger and bigger. He was too smart for me though, and dove into a hole in the reef. He would wait til I ran out of breath and starting up before he would come out of his hole and watch me go back up to the surface. :rolleyes1: I made 4-5 drops on him then gave up.
    Here on Guam, the surf can be very dangerous. The surf breaks on top of coral reef that is so shallow (depending on the tide) that the reef top is exposed. Where I was today, the surf/ reef barrier was a half mile from shore. Once through the surf, the sea bottom drops off pretty fast as you go out. Today the depth went from exposed reef top to over 100fsw in less than 100yds. I know it was over 100fsw as I could see my 100ft anchor line hanging straight down. I could see my anchor with nothing but blue water under it. :nono:

• Hau, please find shootable fish soon.
    Also need pictures of Guamanian beach buns if available
    Thank you sir

Female beach bums please. Enough ugly mugs on avatars here :laughing3:

• oOoOo looks very Guambodian. Sounds like the stage is set for very big things. Were they reef white tips or oceanic white tips. With you being on a reef wall like that it could be either. In hawaii i loved seeing the reef white tips but DID NOT want to see the oceanic ones

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• oOoOo looks very Guambodian. Sounds like the stage is set for very big things. Were they reef white tips or oceanic white tips. With you being on a reef wall like that it could be either. In hawaii i loved seeing the reef white tips but DID NOT want to see the oceanic ones

My bet is reef white tips. Oceanic are larger and usually solitary. White Tip Reef Sharks are Often seen in those waters with similar sized black tips. No problem but they can steal your fish. Me too - deep respect for the Oceanic White Tips :nono:

Where are the beach girl pic's !!!!!!!!!

• begin at 10am------------------end at 1pm
    wind from W at 5mph----------from W at 10mph
    water temp 80F in 70fsw
    current from S at 1mph-------same
    viz ?f in 60fsw----------------same
    seas 1ft------------------------seas flat
    air temp 93F 10% clouds----same
    surf--0

A little North of Big Navy today, boat diving with a new spearo friend, P-Dub.
    First day on a real boat in a LONG time, kind of scary with all that motor noise, speed wind almost blowing my hat off. I felt like a dog with his head stuck out the window of a speeding car. :laughing: Way different than diving my scupper pro.:D
    First day using real blue water float line, floats, flashers,chum, GoPro and home made roller gun. We motored out of the marina, drove for a short distance and dropped anchor 25yd out from a shear rock face in 70fsw. We geared up and jumped in and the water was warm and crystal clear. Viz was unbelievable here. Looking down 70ft to the bottom was like looking down from the seventh floor of a building to a street below, crystal clear. I worked the flashers while my buddy worked the chum. We saw maybe 6 shootable fish that were WAY off, like 100ft from us that wouldn't come any closer. This area has produced doggies and wahoo but none today.
    I had a GREAT day spearin with a new friend, learned ALOT about blue water spearin.

Oscar---I'll try to post some pictures later, right now I have to sleep cause I have a triathlon at 4am.

• LunkerBuster---there is no beach where we were today brother:)
    We anchored 25yd out from a shear rock face that went 100f high above the water. I swam over to the rock face and looked down 70fsw to the bottom. WAY cool. We swam another 25yd out from the boat an there was NO BOTTOM :cool2:

But I DO have pictures of a girl or 2 ;) Please to remember that most of these girls here are asians an most have small boobies and small booties :laughing: